5: just a hoe

i scrolled through my email, constantly checking for job offers after i sent/gave my resume out. much to my surprise a new email popped up, it was an offer from a nearby spa looking for an aesthetician.

i was of course overjoyed, it was a dream to be living here and doing a job i love. i read through the terms and notes and accepted the job almost as quickly as i was offered it. this was super good news for me.

fellow house dwellers

aspen
i am employed bitches

ben
congrats
did the drunken applications help

aspen
definitely

tracy
congrats
go bestie

cody
congrats that's dope
where?

aspen
a spa that just opened
make an appointment i'll make u pretty

cody
i'm already pretty

tracy
u can make me pretty

aspen
thank u
i'm expecting u as my first customer

it'd been about a week since i applied, also about a week since gus had the girl over. i hadn't seen her back. gus didn't act any differently towards me, still overly nice and friendly. sometimes it seemed like he was flirting but i was probably just reading him wrong.

there was a knock at my door, and speak of the devil. gus walks in. "hey asp, congrats on that job. i'm happy for you" he said. i guess he decided to come tell me in person instead of over text like everybody else. "thanks, i'm excited" i told him.

gus came and sat next to me on my bed, putting his arm around me. i moved away slightly, not enough to have be him move but i was slightly off put not knowing his relationship situation right now. "how are you enjoying la so far? you happy you're living with the coolest people ever?" he asked. "i'm glad i did it now, and hmm i don't know about that second part" i joked.

"aw" gus sulked. "i'm kidding, i'm thankful i've got you guys. i'd probably be stranded and homeless if not" i told him. "we're happy to have you too" he told me, pulling me back closer to him. i moved away again, a little farther this time. i wasn't sure how to handle him right now. "you don't like me anymore?" he asked, pulling his arm away. "no, no not that. just—" i hesitated "just what?" he asked. "you just obviously had a girl over the other night and i saw her come out of your room and stuff so i don't want to be impeding or like over step in your relationship or anything" i told him.

gus laughed, "relationship" he said and shook his head, "nah boo, she's just a hoe. didn't mean anything, never saw her again i don't even remember her name" he told me. classy. "oh, okay just making sure. didn't want to home wreck and get my ass beaten by some girl" i told him. "no worries, very courteous of you though. you won't be getting your ass beat by anyone, not with us around at least" gus told me.

"well, good to know" i told him. "yeah, she was just a one time hoe thing. don't worry, lil peep doesn't fall in love baby" he told me, standing up and leaving my room. well that was a strange interaction. at least i know where gus stood with women. i'd accepted that he wasn't being extra nice to me, he was probably just like that with any female.

i suppose if he was an up and coming musician having girls at your disposal just came with the territory. personally not the life i'd want to live but to each their own.

tracy
how tf do u use that magic lettuce washing bowl thing u bought
i want a sees her salad

aspen
the salad spinner?
sees her?
do u mean caesar?

tracy
sure
and ya that
help please

i went downstairs to help tracy with whatever he was trying to do, watching the guys in the kitchen was moderately terrifying at times. i'd bought a few kitchen utensils they were missing and it seems to be blowing their minds a little bit.

i walked into the kitchen, watching tracy struggle. "stop" i said, walking over and just doing it myself. "first things first, you have to cut the lettuce before you put it in" i said removing the whole head of lettuce from the bowl and grabbing a knife. "oh" tracy said. "you have much to learn padawan" i told him.

"is there food being made?" gus and cody both came to the table. god, they were like bloodhounds.  "if everyone just sits down and shuts up, yes i will feed you" i told them. "yes ma'am" gus said. i ended up making food for all 4 of us instead of just tracy, i don't know where ben was.

"here" i said, placing the bowls down in front of them. "thanks mom" cody said jokingly. "thanks asp" gus said, reaching to grab my hand for a second. "no problem" i told them, sitting down to eat my own food.

gus kept glancing at me from across the table, i occasionally would look back, holding eye contact for a second before looking away again. "i'm gonna go make some tunes" gus said, standing up from the table. "want help?" cody asked him. "sure" gus said "have fun" i said  and they both left the room.

-

liked by yungcortex, aspendelgad0 and 1017 others lilpeep lookin at me i know u wanna fuck me 112 comments

lilpeep lookin at me i know u wanna fuck me
112 comments

i wondered who gus' post was about, maybe the girl from last week? probably not though, he didn't  seem  like the type who stayed with one girl much longer than he had to. i'm sure she'd be over soon enough though.

a/n
aight i'm going to bed
thanks for the love on this in only 1 day that's crazy