24: the delgado's

"gus, it's time to get up love" i said, trying to wake him. he always slept like a rock. "gus" i poked at his arm. "gustav!" i climbed on top of him and shook him until he woke up. "what?" he asked, waking up startled. "we've got to get ready to leave" i told him. "aw fuck that's today" he said. "yes it is, get up" i said, getting out of bed myself. gus groaned, reaching his hand out so i could pull him up. "maybe let's keep these 2 covered babe?" i asked,  pointing to the weed plant and 'daddy' tattooed on his chest. "yeah fair enough" he said.

"i'm nervous" gus told me. "don't be, it'll be fine" i reassured him. "are you sure?" he asked. "yes, i promise" i told him for the ten millionth time since we'd been invited on this trip. "what do i wear? can you just pick it for me please?" gus asked. "yeah, go get ready i'll find something" i shooed him off.

"ow fuck" i heard gus from the bathroom. "what did you do?" i asked. "i hurt myself" he said. i walked into the bathroom to see what he had done, "what?" i asked. "i was tryna fix my eyebrow but my hand slipped on the counter and i stabbed my self in the face with tweezers" gus said, a tiny scrape under his eye. "do you need a bandaid and a kiss better?" i asked. "yeah" he pouted.

i put a bandaid on the ittybitty scrape and kissed his cheek "i think you'll make it" i told him. "your clothes are on the bed" i told him. "thank you" he said.

-

liked by aspendelgad0, yungcortex and 4584 others lilpeep rate the fit: meeting the gfs parents comments aspendelgad0 10/10 i picked it fish_narc what a handsome young man yungcortex i'd agree with ben, looking quite dapper-

lilpeep rate the fit: meeting the gfs parents
comments
aspendelgad0 10/10 i picked it
fish_narc what a handsome young man
yungcortex i'd agree with ben, looking quite dapper
-

"how long is the flight?" gus asked. "like an hour and a half" i said. "nice, plenty of time to join the mile high club eh?" gus winked. "absolutely not" i told him.

gus drove us to the airport, i could tell he was jittery and on edge but he'd be fine. i packed a small bag with a few extras we would need for the night, our flight back was in the morning. "i'm just gonna smoke this and then we can go inside" gus said, pulling out a joint. "okay, be subtle and quickly please" i said, we were probably on 18 different security cameras right now.

"okay we're good, i'm chill" gus said, stomping the roach into the ground. "okay, let's go" i grabbed his hand and our bag.

we went through bag check and got our boarding passes, then security. gus slept through most of the flight which i can't complain about, or id be getting asked a million of the same questions again.

the flight attendant announced we were landing soon, so i woke gus up. "we're landing hun" i said. "oh, okay. that was fast" he said. "you slept through most of it" i said. "my mom is picking us up okay?" i let him know now so he had less time to worry. "oh okay" he said with uncertainty. "let's take this off now" i said, peeling the band aid off from under his eye.

once the plane landed we left straight out of the airport, not having any suitcases to claim. i took his hand, knowing he'd be nervous. "i'll sit in the back with you" i told him. i'd went out to the same door i met her at when my dad was sick, looking for her car once again "there she is" i told gus, pointing to her car.

we got into the backseat of my mom's car, "hey mom" i said, starting the dialogue. "hi sweetie, how was the flight?" she asked. "good" i said. she turned back to look at gus, "you must be the boyfriend she wanted us to meet" she said to him. "yeah, nice to meet you. i'm gustav, gus is fine though" he said, offering her a handshake. he was doing well so far.

"well it's lovely to meet you gus, aspen was very excited for you to come join us for this" she said. "i'm glad i finally get to meet her family, you raised a great girl" gus said. "thank you sweetie, that's lovely of you to say" my mom told him.

we carried on some awkward small talk about the flight until we got back to my parents house. "i'm just gonna take this to my room mom" i said, pointing to my bag. "you can come with me" i told gus. "do you think it's going good?" gus asked once we were out of earshot of my parents. "i think it's going great, my mom seems to really like you" i told him.

we went back outside, my dad approached us. he hugged me first "hi sweetheart" he greeted me. "you must be gus?" he asked, "yeah, nice to meet you mr. delgado" gus said. "don't worry about the formalities son, call me brian" my dad told him, that was a good sign. "don't be nervous, if aspen thinks you're good enough to bring home we already like you. no judgments here" my dad said. they were taking gus very well, better than i would have expected.

cynthia came out of the house in a dress with her hair done, everything was always an occasion to her. "congrats sis, i'm proud of you" i told her. "thanks" she said, walking past me to my parents. gus looked at me kind of funny "don't worry about her, she's always like that" i said. we'd never been super close.

"honey, can you help me bring the food out?" my mom came to grab me. "sure" i told her. my dad took to gus, chatting with him while i was inside with my mom. "gus seems like a lovely boy" she told me "he is" i told her. "a lot of tattoos though" she commented. "yeah, it's what's inside that matters though right?" i told her. "of course honey, if that's his creative outlet then so be it, as long as he makes you happy and treats you well he's welcome here" my mom said. it was a nice reassurance to have my mom like him.

i looked out the window to check on gus and my dad. they were chatting and laughing about something, this was going perfectly. i'm sure cynthia was going to be pissed at me for having gus take away the attention from her party, but it's not my fault our parents like him.

"hey" i said, rejoining my dad and gus. "kids got a good sense of humour, you can keep him" my dad said. "i was planning on it" i laughed. i patted the back of gus' shoulder, he was doing well. "dinner!" my mom called. we all joined her at the table.

"i'm so glad everyone could make it. first off congratulations to our beautiful cynthia on her graduation, we're so proud of you" my mom said to my sister. "and aspen, it's lovely to have you home again. we miss you here. we also get the chance to get to know gus, we love you already hun" my mom said to gus and i. "thanks for having me" gus told her. "anytime" she smiled.

we all ate together, everyone laughing and getting along. it went better than i could have imagined, better than perfect. my parents seem to fully trust my judgment, instantly accepting gus into the family.

-

at the end of the night i took gus back to the room if grown up in, the two of us getting into my bed for the night. "so you think they like me?" he asked. "i think they love you" i said. "good" gus smiled. "parents usually don't like me, cause of how i look" he said. "well, guess mine are different" i said. "i told you, everything is meant to be when it comes to us" gus said. "maybe you're right. goodnight. i love you" i told him. "goodnight, love you too" he said, giving me one last kiss.

a/n
prolly last chapter for the say MAYBE will get one more up

book is on track to be done tomorrow