chapter 10

Fukuzawa pov
It was the now september 11th. And Kuniki and I were on our way to the hospital. Neither of us knew, wether he was still alive or not. It was already past 11 am. Last time I saw him, was yesterday at 5:30 pm. 15 and a half hours had passed since then.
We arrived at the hospital and asked for his condition at the information stand. To our surprise, we were told, that he already had three visitors today and one was still up stairs with him. We looked at each other in confusion. Then it came to me, three people visitig, at such early hour, That could only be so and so many people. We thanked the woman for the information, she had given us and went into diraction elevator

''Dazai has visitors, other than us?'' Kunikida asked, confused
''Port mafia'' I answered clodly
''What?''
''But how did they figure out, he was here'' Then a different thought crossed my mind, what if they weren't here to visit? ''We need to hurry'' We ran up the stairs, knowing, that neither Dazai, nor any of the doctors can defend themselves against the port mafia.
They stormed into the room.

Inside a man with orange hair sitting on a chair on the Wall across his bed, in silents, reading a book. He looked up from his book and stared at us in pure confusion, as we stormed through the door. He then looked back into his book and continued reading, as if we weren't there.
''relax, I'm not here to do anything to him'' He said without looking up from his book. However we obviously didn't trust his words. He realized that and ''If I were here to kill him, he would first of all be already dead, and on secondly I'd be long gone. Just sit down and ignore me, I'm really not looking forward to fighting two agency members in the intensive care station of the local hospital. besides that, the conditions of coming here, were not to use our abilites. Because, spoiler alert, we're in a hospital.'' He said and rolled his eyes at the last part. I was fine with that answer for now. Not that I would trust him enough to leave before he does though. We sat down and I noticed flowers on the table at the window. The man saw my look ''The Boss brought them earlier'' Mori had been here?

''Just a question, but how do you even know he is here?''
He looked at us, like we were talking cars. Then laughed half heartedly for just a half a second
''The world talks, one of our men was here yesterday for family, he heard two doctors talk about a Dazai Osamu in terrible condition, counted one and one together and informed the boss. And the rest should be ibvious to you geniuses of strategy. ''
I nodded, to be honest, we could have figured that out on our own. ''Since when are you here?'' Kinikida now asked.
''the boss and akutagawa were here from 8 til 10:30, I came at about 10, why?''
''Akutagawa, but isn't he-'' Kunikida started ''I know what you're about to say, no Akutagawa is no Danger for Dazai, he wouldn't dare lay a finger on him, not until he is acknowledged by him. Not that his ability would be any use right now either way. It seems Dazais ability has some kind of fail save, that activates it, whenever he is unable to defend himself.''
'' And how do you know that?'' Kunikida asked suspicious.
''Elise touched him and disspeared, she reappeared about five minutes later again''

I had to break the tensed atmosphere somehow, since ot didn't look like the man, who seemed to know Dazai from the Mafia very well, was indenting to leave any time soon.
''What is your name?''
He looked at me slightly offended. ''So Dazai never told you about me? I take that as an offence. I'm Chuuya, I was the youngest executive of the mafia until Dazai was promoted, we were sort of partners. Until.....'' He stopped his sentence and glared at the bed Dazai was laying in ''damn traitor'' He mumbled.
''Oh now I remember you. You and Dazai took down a whole organization of gifted people within one night.''
Chuuya smirked ''There you go''
Then his expression softened into a slightly worried look
''You might want to know. Today at about 9 am and 20 minutes ago, he heart stopped again. They wanted to send him into surgery again, but it was too much of a risk, since his System was busy enough keeping the heart pumping. They're full on forcing him to breathe now, apparently he stopped last night and didn't start again by himself and ever since, the machines are doing that.''
So the mafia still neede him for something.

Kunikida walked up to Dazais head and lay his hand on his forehead. ''He still had fever'' He anounced
''Yeah, pretty high at that fact, also he kept coughing blood, until his lungs stopped functioning on their own. No one was able to figure out why though.''
''So he's still not stable?'' I asked, more myself than anyone else. I stood up and looked att his pale face. ''You kept your promise, not to die. Good job'' I stroke his cheek, it was warm and sweaty. ''What is up with everyone suddenly acting like his dad?'' Chuuya mumbled in a strangely soft and friendly way, he worried about him as well, didn't he? He was here after all.

I sat back down. It was an rather awkward silents. Then a couple of minutes later, chuuyas phone started to ring. He pulled it out, looked at it and put it back into his pocket, without answering it.
''Why don't you answer your phone?'' Kunikida asked, annoyed, by the sound of the phone ringing. Neither him nor me had slept much last night.
''None of your buisness, I'm just ignoring someone, that's all''
I think he was about to say something, but then Dazai started coughing hard again. A doctor came into the room. We stepped back and Chuuya looked up from his book, worried. He lifted his body up. This time no blood came up and it sounded a lot more dried out, than it did before. Once he was done the doctor lay him back down. He then turned to me ''Sir, are you in close connection, I've noticed, you've been here yesterday as well.''
''I'm... well you could something like that''
''Ok, are you all right with them listening'' I nodded
''Very well. His condition hasn't improved much over night, it has mostly gotten worse. However he is a little more stable right now, than he was yesterday evening. His temperature has not started to go down and he is still coughing up blood a lot, this was the first time, that no blood came up. If he stays like this, we will send him into a surgery tomorrow, unless his heart drops again, then I will focus on stabilizing his heart again.'' He said, he looked very tired and exhausted. I noticed, that it was the same man, who had taken care of him all yesterday. I wondered if he had been here all night. But it was hard to tell, since the people in the intensive care station all wore the same clothes everyday. But he looked like he hadn't slept last night.

He seemed to notice, that I was examining him from up to down.
''I'm sorry for my appearance, I've been here all night, taken care of your frien and didn't get the chance to change my clothing'' I was surprised at his words
''No please, don't apologize, my looks weren't meant offensive, I just examined it. And we should thank you, for staying all night, taking care of him.''
''Nno worries, I was asigned to him and couldn't get myself to leave such an unstable patient alone. If he had died tonight, I would have blamed myself for it, so I made sure, to do everything I could, to keep him alive. Luckily he still is, but to be honest I had my duobts here and there. But he made it for today.''
He said, but I could sence, that there was something, he didn't us. Then again, he isn't allowed to tell us all the details. He then turned around and left the room. We sat back down and just remained like that in silents, until...