Chapter 22

Kyouka pov.
Fukuzawa and I, for some reason he wanted to take me with him, I didn'T really get it. We had been out on a job since yesterday and overnight we sateyed at a small hotel, now it was evening. We were walking along the street on our way back to the ageny. We didn't really say anything. I didn't know, what I was supposed to say and I guess the president was just to tired. He hadn't been sleeping well for weeks. He'D never admit it, but it was obcious to everyone.

By now I had been informed by Atsushi, about the connection between the boss, Mori and Dazai. There were some wholes in the story though. But it didn't matter it was enough to know why Fukuzawa cared and part of the reason why the mafia still had interest in him.

I heard a phone ring and saw the boss stop.

''Hello Yosano, we are on our way back, we'll be right there.''
From the other side Yosano's voice was to be heard, but I couldn't make out the words.
''What? Did something happen to him?'' Fukuzawa said. I looked at him in confusion.
Once again Yosano said something.
''That's great news.'' He said, as his face lighted (that's not right grammar ik, but I don't know how to spell the word) up.
''Ah, I see. We'll make our way there right away. Goodbye.''
He hung up and looked me in the eyes. Suddenly they were no longer full with guilt and sorrow. I could imagine what the phine call had been about.

''Dazai woke up.'' He said almost happily.
''he woke up yesterday and then fell asleep until two hours, then he regained consciousness completely. Yosano, Ranpo, Kunikida and Atsushi were at the hospital all day, to wait until he wakes up. We should go there as well.''
I nodded. This was good. This was really good. Finally, things were starting to get better.

Yosano pov
Three hours and fourty five minutes ago.
Kunikida and I had gone out to get some food for the rest. We had been here all day and barely eaten anything. No one had wanted to leave, but at some point we got really hungry, so Kunikida and I went out to buy some.

We sat down and everyone received a sandwich and began eating. By now, the huge tube had been taken out of Dazais mouth, while the ones in his nose remained. He had been asleep since yesterday noon. His condition hasn't canged much since then, but I knew, that would come in time.

''When do you think he'll wake up?'' Atsushi asked for probalby the tenth time now, but I couldn't be angry about it, he was just worried.
''He should wake up within the next two hours, other than that I can't tell any closer.'' He nodded.
''You think he's gonna feel better this time around?'' Kunikida asked.
''Maybe'' Ranpo answered between two bites.

''He's definetly still gonna be drained and exhausted, but he might stay awake for a couple of hours.'' i interfered with the conversation, before someone said something stupid.

Then we heard a slight moan. Immediantly all f us stood straight and looked at the bed. It had been declared, that he was no longer in a coma, but we were still more than glad to see it.  Even if it was just slight sturring. I went up to him and took his hand, to show him he wasn't alone, while the others stepped slightly to the side.

''Dazai...'' I said. I immediantly felt a light sensation in my hand. It was weak pressure. A sign he heard me.
''Very good, please do me the favor and open your eyes for me. ''
Slowly. His eyelids slid open and revealed the still drained and terrible tired looking eyes.

''Good, thank you. Now can you see me or do you just hear?'' The moment I asked I realized how sstupid it was, to expect him to talk and form such a complex ssentence. So I quickly added.
''You know what let me ask differently. If you can see me, give me a sign.''

His hand replied to me. wich ment he saw. How clearly was to be found out. But that didn't matter right now. I noticed sweat drops on his forehead and wiped them away. So his fever had rose up again.