Chapter 28

Kunikida pov.
it had been a couple of weeks now, and Dazai was recovering, back to his old self, mostly, except for the whole hospital situation, but his geeky, joking way of talking. But that was exactly what bothered me, that he was acting, like as if nothing happened.

Still I was in the hospital, visiting him, making sure, he leaves the workers there alone.

''Morning Dazai'' I said, as I entered his room.

''good Morning Kunikida'' He answered cheerfully,

''Dazai, you know what today is right?''

''Yes, as a matter of fact, I do and I will celebrate for the rest of my little life.''

'And there we go again, joking about death' Kunikida thought. Dazai would be releast from the hospital today and Yosano was dying to do a complete check up on him herself, not entirely trusting the hospital doctors over her own experience.

''So, just so we're clear, you will stay in the infarmary until Yosano allows you to leave, are we clear.'' I said.

''Yes, yes, not like Yosano could acctually force me to stay though, but I wont leave, I would never'' He said in an overdramatic way.

3rd person pov
Kunikida escorded dazai out the hospital, outside Fukuzawa was waiting, he hadn't finished his thoughts about who Dazai was, but to him it didn't matter, Dazai Osamu was Dazai Osamu and he would do anything, to keep him alive.

Once they had gotten settled in the car, which had taken quite a while, since dazai was not exactly very mobile at the moment, Fukuzawa finally asked the question, he had wanted to ask for the past three months.

''Dazai. Why did you try to kill yourself in such drastic way?''
''What do you mean, I tried to kill myself all the time, this time I just tried a different way, that's all'' That wasn't all, but did he have the right to just tell his boss everything? He didn't think so.

''You could have taken Schrinustat before, why not try that from the beginning or any other serious poison?''
''Cause most poison and medication don't work on me.''
''then why try it now of all times?''
Dazai sighed, he wasn't gonna get out of this, that much was clear.
''cause I really didn't want to live another day at all cost. But now that I've been out for four weeks, plus the past two months, I'll just go back to trying to drown myself, that doesn't have such uselessly long sideeffects.''
''So you're saying you're fine?'' Fukuzawa asked rather jokingly.
''Yes exactly'' dazai stated happily.... 'No I'm totally not, but you should never have to put up with such problems as mine' He thought