chapter 10

Nia stared up at the tall building half expecting to see pussy international staring back at her. But fortunately for everyone who worked at the company, there was nothing like that. She sighed in relief. Robert hadn't taken the threat seriously which was quite good, cause she didn't think such a name would attract potential investors to the company.

After exchanging pleasantries with Beth, she sat at her desk and looked through Roberts schedule for the day. She'd looked at it back home, but she needed to make some changes to it. A meeting had been cancelled. Perhaps she could fit another meeting into the schedule to replace it.

She was powering up her computer when she saw a white envelope sitting on the far corner of the desk. Curiously she grabbed it and tore it open when she saw it was addressed to her. She quickly scanned through and gasped when it sunk in.

Angrily, she shot from her seat and barged through the adjoining door without knocking.

Just who the hell does he think he is? She thought furiously.

Clutching the letter, she marched right to stand before his desk.

"What is this?" She asked waving the letter in his face.

He ignored her and continued writing.

"You can't do this to me!" She said harshly.

"I've done many things. You're gonna have to be a little more specific," he said very calmly.

"This is a sack letter," Nia fumed throwing the paper onto the desk. "You can't fire me. I haven't done anything wrong."

"You will find out that I can, and I just did. Now pack up your stuff and leave the building unless you want security to escort you out," he said nonchalantly.

She clenched her fists and glared at his bent over head.

"You can't do that," she repeated. You can't fire me without giving me a two weeks notice. That is what is stated in my contract."

"Then consider this your two weeks notice."

"You can't do this," she managed to say.

He didn't respond and her breathing hitched. This was really happening.

All she could think was what would she do? Where would she start from? Mama would be so unhappy if she really lost the job eight months after working there. And Adriana would sulk.

She was going to have to beg him.

"I... Please sir, I really love working here... " She began.

Though you've ruined the experience for me.

"I've only had this job for eight months. I don't want to leave it... "

The thought of leaving Beth and June was not nice. And then starting the job hunt all over again. Thinking of it made her depressed. She didn't want to think of it.

"Take the letter with you when you're leaving," Robert said calmly.

He sounded like he was asking her to order lunch for him. Not giving her a sack letter.

"Please," she whispered in a shaky voice.

She was wringing her hands near tears when the door opened and Connor walked in.

One look at Nia's distraught face and he knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong Nia?" He asked concerned.

Nia sniffled and shook her head. She couldn't bear to speak at the moment. Blinking back her tears, she picked up the letter, she handed it to him.