chapter 26

Dedicated to whoknowsssme

•••

Nia stared at him. She didn't want to touch his pocket, or any part of him.

"Just take it out of my pocket," Robert said. When she didn't move, he glanced at her. "Are you scared, Smithy?"

She gave a short laugh that sounded phony even to her own ears. "Scared? Of what?"

"I don't know," he said with a shrug. "Why are you hesitating."

"I'm not," She gulped and patted his pocket. "It's not there."

"It's in the other pocket."

Nia blinked. She was going to have to lean across him if she was going to take it.

"Never mind," she murmured and leaned back in her seat. "The song has ended anyway."

"Wimp," she heard him say and rolled her eyes.

She was sure she could endure listening to his songs. Unconsciously, she crossed her legs Roberts gaze snapped to them. She was oblivious to his gaze on them as she preoccupied herself by staring out the window.

"Are all your songs like this? I mean, do you listen to this on a daily basis?"

Robert said nothing. She had no idea he had created that playlist specially for her.

Nia really thought she could listen to his songs without them affecting her. Turns out she was wrong. His songs were meant to seduce someone, and in this case, she was his victim. And the song currently playing just happened to be the worst of all.

She tapped her knee and glanced at him from the corner of her eyes. When she couldn't bear it anymore, she snapped.

"Keep driving, I'm gonna search your pocket," she murmured and unclipped the seatbelt.

She leaned over and touched his seat. Robert felt his heart beat in anticipation.

"Carefully Smithy, you might just hurt me down there."

Nia pursed her lips and glared at him. "What?"

"All I'm saying is be careful. There are a lot of things in my pocket, if you know what I mean," he added with a wink.

Her eyes widened. "No I don't know what you mean!"

He shrugged.

She huffed and patted his pockets first to feel for the phone. Knowing him, he could have lied that the phone was in his pocket.

Biting her lip, she searched for the opening and put her hand in. Being so close to him was playing with her senses. She suddenly felt dizzy.

"This is awkward," she murmured.

"You're making it awkward."

Her face was close to his chest. She could smell his musky scent. Trying not to inhale audibly, she dug for the phone. She could feel his muscly thigh! She gulped and dug deeper. How did he smell so good all the time?

"God where is this bloody phone!"

Robert chuckled and she stilled. Slowly she raised her face to glare at him. Her intention was forgotten when her eyes locked with his. She suddenly forgot how to breathe, or blink.

"We're here," he whispered.

"What?" She squeaked.

"We have arrived."