Chapter 2

Thirty minutes and a dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries later, I spot a glowing Jen heading my way.

"Y/N!", she screams in excitement. "Glad I finally found you! I have A LOT to tell you!".

"Uh...sure", I answer while I remember the guy who's still sitting next to me on the staircase. Jen notices him too, widening her eyes in surprise.

"Who's THIS?", she exlaims.

"Oh, this is...".

Shit.

We've been having a literary discussion for half an hour now and I didn't bother once to ask his name.

Good job, Y/N. Seems like you're not even trying to conceal the fact that you haven't met any new people for months now, are you?

"I'm Namjoon", he answers matter-of-factly and saves me from embarrassment. "I prevented Y/N from accidentally getting high which she thanked me with an interesting conversation."

"Sounds great", Jen replies, too caught up in her own stories to actually hear what he's saying. "But if you don't mind, Y/N, could you come with me for a second? I'm almost BURSTING from things I have to tell you."

"Sure", I say, slightly regretting to lose my new conversation partner so soon, but Jen's pleading doe eyes leave me no choice. "See you later, Namjoon."

He gives me a little wave and a last one of his dimpled retriever eye-smiles, then picks up his book again as if nothing happened.

-

In the hallway, I turn to Jen.

"Soooo...what happened?", I ask, expecting her to ramble about some guy, as always.

She can't contain her excitement any longer.

"Y/N!", she exclaims. "I think I'm in LOVE!".

"Oh that's..." -

'Wonderful' is what I wanted to give as a generic answer to whatever boy story she was going to tell me, but I break off mid-sentence as I realize:

This is not what I expected.

This is new.

I mean, it's not like Jen never had a boyfriend, on the contrary.

My girl collects guys like Pokémon.

One look from her Bambi eyes, one smile, and they're done for. And who am I to blame them? Jen is gorgeous, and if I was a guy, I'd have fallen for her long ago.

But here's the thing with Jen.

She loves making people fall in love with her because it's fun, it's entertaining, it's like a little game that keeps her from getting bored.

But that's all it ever is to her.

A game.

And when it's not fun anymore, she drops it and picks up a new one, which is easy for her because her heart was never really in it from the beginning.

Until now.

"Who is it?", I ask her, admittedly getting curious.

"It's the guy from earlier, the one in the green suit."

I remember. The one who looked so unproportionally delighted despite his disinterested friends.

"His name is Hoseok, he's only one year older than us. Oh Y/N, he's AMAZING! First we danced, and then we talked and – did I say he's an amazing dancer? I've never seen a guy move so smoothly on a dance floor...and he's a gentleman too! He immediately noticed when I was tired from dancing and asked me to sit down with him...and he's so CUTE, have you seen his smile?".