Chapter 11

"Hobi did WHAT?!".

I must have asked a dozen times at least since Namjoon and me left the Haven, but I still can't believe it. Hobi left Jen? That just doesn't make sense.

"As I said, I don't know the details, but it seems like it's true. He's gone. And not only him, but the others too, apparently. Hoseok, Yoongi and Seokjin all left for the city."

"But why?? Why now?".

It's only May and the semester is far from over. Don't they have classes or exams to attend? 

"I don't know, Y/N, I don't know, I'm sorry. But we'll try to figure everything out together, okay? I'm sure there must be some kind of reasonable explanation for their sudden departure."

I wouldn't believe anyone else, but when Namjoon says things like these, it always calms me. 

He's right, there must be an explanation. Hobi wouldn't have left Jen without a single word. Maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding.

-

It's the first time I see Namjoon's apartment from the inside, but it's pretty similar to what I expected.

Bookshelves fill every empty space on the walls, and even apart from that, there's books everywhere, on the floor, on the kitchen table, on the washing machine. On the fridge there are prints of famous artworks, pinned on with souvenir magnets from places Namjoon must have travelled to. Still, even though the apartment is stuffed with books and everything, it's not chaotic or messy, on the contrary: It looks like everything has its own place.

When we walk into Namjoon's room, we find Jen curled up in fetal position on the bed. She isn't crying anymore like Namjoon said she was when he found her on the street and brought her here to calm down, but she doesn't look like her normal self either. 

Her pretty wavy hair is messy and sticking out in all directions, her always beautiful, even face is all red and puffy and flecked with traces of tears. I've never seen her like this before.

"Jen", I gently call her, seeing that she's been only staring at the wall, not noticing me at all. "Jen, I'm here."

She raises her head a little bit to look at me, but she somehow she can't bring herself to speak, as if all words had left her. Who is she to blame though? I don't know how I'd react if the seemingly nicest guy I ever met left me overnight. 

"I'll leave you two alone for a minute", Namjoon says diplomatically and turns to close the door behind him. "Take all the time you need."

I sit down on the bed beside Jen, unsure what to do or say. I've never seen her like this, so fragile and...wounded. And to be honest, it scares me a little bit.

We stay silent for half an eternity, but in the end, Jen is the one to speak first.

"I'm sorry."

"What? Jen, you have nothing to be sorry for!".

"I'm sorry for being such a drama queen all of a sudden. I mean we both know I love gossip, but...I usually don't really get involved. I don't know what has gotten into me...".

But I know.

I've seen Jen around other guys, and I've seen her around Hobi.

He was her first real love, and now he turned out to be her first heartbreak as well.

"It's okay, Jen. Don't worry. We'll figure this out." 

Out of the blue, another crying fit shakes her entire body.