Chapter 17

Our two weeks at Gucci Boy's beach house are finally coming to an end, and they have been way more eventful than I ever imagined (or wanted, for that matter), especially since the entire thing with Mr I-Like-You-But-You're-Way-Below-My-Standards went down.

Jen was beyond excited when I told her that he had confessed - until I told her why I rejected him. Hell, she got even angrier than I was that day, which is an achievement in and of itself.

Now, a few days later, I don't feel angry anymore though. 

I just feel...relieved. 

Jen isn't heartbroken anymore (she's still blocked on Hobi's account, but that genius of a woman wrote him a letter under an alias that his room mates hopefully won't intercept), Yoongi is gone and I'll never have to waste a single thought on him again because he's not a part of my life anymore.  Even Seokjin left yesterday because apparently he had something super important to do (don't these people always?) so you could say things kind of resolved themselves this time.

And now we're sitting on the front patio to see the sunset with some pizza Gucci boy ordered and some kind of mango drink Jen made for us and I'm actually enjoying my time here for once.

"We should definitely do this sometime again", Charlie says, sipping her drink and acting like she owns the house. "It has been sooo nice to spend time with all of you."

I'm still not sure if she's faking her attitude or if that's just the way she is but at this point, I've gotten used to it.

"I'd love to!", Jen exclaims, taking a big bite from her pizza. "Maybe Hobi can come too then."

Ever since Jen found out Hobi actually never broke up with her, she won't stop talking about him. I guess lovey-dovey Jen is back in business.

"My guests' friends are my friends", Gucci boy proclaims generously. "The more the merrier."

"Oh Y/N, wouldn't JK love it here as well? There would be so many things for him to do, he'd be super excited!", Jen turns towards me.

"JK who?", Gucci Boy aka V wants to know, probably disappointed that he's not the only one who came up with the brilliant idea of exchanging his name for random letters of the alphabet.

"My little brother, Jungkook. You might have seen him at Yoongi's birthday party." 

"Ah, I remember. The young gentleman in the black attire. He's welcome at any time."

"If you'd know him better, you wouldn't call him a gentleman", Jen laughs. "He's more like a cute little puppy. How is he by the way?" she asks, looking at me. 

"He's doing well."

I guess.

The truth is...I haven't heard from him in days. 

And so, while the conversation drifts off into a different direction, I take out my phone to check for messages from him for what must be the hundredth time today.

With no success.

But he promised to text every day.

Should I be worried?

I haven't even talked to our parents yet since he said he'd call them himself.

Well, maybe he already did.

Maybe they already know where he is and so he doesn't think it's necessary to keep texting me everyday. 

Also, he's an adult now. He technically doesn't have to ask for permission anymore. Maybe I should just let him have his freedom. Maybe that's the way things are.