Chapter 23

"WHAT?!", Jen and I scream out in unison as soon as Hobi's words leave his mouth.

"But...but how can that be?", I add. "How did he even find him?".

Hoseok lets out a deep sigh.

"I really shouldn't tell you all this...but I think he asked his sister. He didn't tell me everything, just that she knew where Jungkookie and Jimin could be and that he went there on his own to bring your brother back...."

Yoonji.

Of course.

Yoongi told me about her hanging out with Jimin and his friends. It only makes sense that she'd know his hideouts.

But why would Yoongi go as far as making his own sister remember her painful past just so he could bring Jungkook back to me? Is this his way of saying thank you for saving Yoonji from the muggers? 

And more importantly: Why did Jungkook and Namjoon lie to me? What is their reasoning behind all this? Especially for Namjoon...this doesn't make sense at all.

I want to ask Hoseok all these questions and even more, but in that moment our burgers arrive and the conversation drifts off in a different direction, leaving me as clueless as before.

-

At night I toss and turn without a chance of falling asleep. 

I've already tried everything from taking a hot shower to reading a book but it's no use because my head is still spinning from the news I heard.

It was Yoongi who found my brother.

The realisation echoes in my mind over and over again.

I know it shouldn't make much of a difference because the outcome is the same - Jungkook is back - but somehow...

It does.

The past few weeks, I've been seeing Yoongi as the reason I lost my brother in the first place, the thing my brain was too occupied with to care about anything important, and I still blame myself for it. But now that he's also the reason I got my brother back...everything changed in a way I still don't understand.

A sudden impulse urges me to pick up my phone from the nightstand. 

Should I text him?

Before I know it I've opened the chat with Yoongi where his voice message is still the last and only thing that shows up. I click on it just because.

"Y/N, this is Yoongi" , his voice sounds from the speakers. "I'm well aware that I must be about the last person you want to hear from right now..."

If you only knew. 

If there was one person I'd like to talk to right now, it would be -

Before I can finish the thought, I notice something on my screen changing.

-

Yoongi

Status: Online

-

I almost drop my phone in panic before I realise that I'm behaving like an idiot. Just because he's online doesn't mean he's going to see that I'm online too. And even if he does - what does he care? He doesn't know that I'm lurking in this exact private chat. 

Until his status changes again.

-

Yoongi