Vol.1 Ch.2: The funeral

One month later..

It's been a month since the incident, and today was the day a funeral was being held for a man that goes by the name of Ishihara June. 

He was a young boy who was flying out to venture out into the vast lands, finding a new place to settle and be a golding mine for his family who spoiled him rotten. 

He was a good boy, a fabulous person who everyone, loved; it's sad to see that he passed a the mere age of eighteen by a plane crash. At least he saved a life that day, a boy who was 13. Jason Mayfield.  

The boy stood in the front row in a black suit, staring blankly at the casket in front of him, he was thinking of the final moments in the crash, and how the older male protected him. After the crash, Jason was in a coma for a few weeks, suffered a broken rib cage and a fractured arm, but other than that he was fine. The hospital allowed Jason to leave to attend Junes funeral, but after that he would return and continue his treatment. 

Hours passed since Jason had arrived at the funeral hall, and during those hours, friends and families of Ishihara June stood at the podium and talked about the man, and how proud they were to know him. 

Jason didn't know what to do other than stand there, if they called him up, he didn't know what to say, would he talk about the last moments of the mans life? How the man saved him because he was a coward? But, there's nothing to be ashamed of being scared. After all Jason was only thirteen, right? 

Jason just listened in on everyone who talked on the podium, taking in every spect of information he could about the man.  He seemed like a good man indeed. 

After certain people took their turns on the podium, everyone gathered around a dug up area; around 4 feet deep. People hooked ropes around Junes casket, lifting the wooden object in the air with a crane before setting the casket down into the hole. 

Each and everyone one grabbed a shovel, including Jason and one-by-one began pushing dirt onto of June, until you couldn't tell there was a hole there in the first place. 

Jason too was pushing dirt into the hole, his eyes never leaving the caskets until dirt was all that was left. 

The funeral finally finished, the air was heavy, sobs filling the air, Jacob walked up to his parents who were chatting with Junes parents, comforting them, and hugged the dead mans mother.

"Im sorry." Jason began, he let out a shaky breath as he avoided looking up at the woman, "Because of me, he's dead." He finished. 

Junes mother, Ishihara Laura, stared at the little boy, her eyes distant, "Child, there's nothing to be sad about. It was Junes choice to protect you. Not yours." She spoke, hugging Jason. 

"I'm glad you okay." Laura rubbed the younger boys shoulder in a reinsuring manner, before walking off to the other group grieving people. 

The father of June, gave the younger boy a nod and walked after his wife, leaving Jason and his family alone.

"Jason" A woman sighed, gently pulling the boy into a hug, "Im so glad you're okay." She choked up. It was Jason's mother. Lia Mayfield. 

Lia sobbed, rubbing Jason's back and Jason slowly brought his arms up and hugged Lia back.

It was a sad day for everyone that knew June. A sad day indeed. Jason and his family went back to the hospital to resume his treatment while June's family grieved over Junes death.