Vol.1 Ch.4: System?

Ishihara Jun's (P.O.V)

It's been three months since I was reincarnated. Life as a baby was awesome, it gave me time to relax and be lazy. But what sucks was the part where I had my new mother feed me and of course, dipper change.

I found out some things while I was here, like how I was reincarnated into an Otome game I recently played before my death. I believe it was called "My darling" or something.

It has 5 capture targets, twin villains. A villainess, and the heroine. This is not some sweet lovey dovey game like everyone thinks, it's a very dark and twisted one where the capture targets are literal yanderes, but they hide it under a facade, the twin villains are literal sweet hearts, but are painted as the bad guys, the villainess is actually a nice, sweet lady but was also framed and painted as a bad person by the one and only heroine. And the heroine is a green tea that acts like a white lotus. (?{If that makes sense})

I'll explain everything later. But right now I have something I need to rant on.

I, Ishihara Jun was reincarnated as a commoner named Kei. It may not seem important, but it is! I'm the cannon fodder that was meant to die protecting the heroine during an assassination attempt. What shall I ever do?

Last time I checked the cannon fodder didn't have any Attributes, people painted him as an ugly duckling just because he refused to show his face. He didn't have many friends and no one liked him.

When the heroine volunteered to be his friend, he was delighted and followed her everywhere like a lost puppy. This made everyone think he was a stalker and bullied him for it. What's worse is the fact that the heroine didn't bother clearing up the misunderstandings , I personally think she meant to do that.

During the assassination attempt a demon disguising as a teacher for the class the characters was in tried to kill the heroine during magic training, but the cannon fodder, Kei took the hit instead. The heroine didn't even shed a tear, more over flinch! What a waste of space! At least act like you cared.

It's so sad knowing that the cannon fodder died without any of his family members knowing. The royal family didn't even bother burying him. They just dumped his body in the river and forgot about him.

The cannon fodder was a smart kid. Although he didn't have any attributes he had smarts that helped him succeed in school. In all honesty. He could've graduated and become some kind of business man to help his family who are struggling with money, and barely eating a full meal on a daily basis. But instead he gave his life away for a useless girl.

And I, you're baby boy, Jun was reincarnated as that pitiful boy Kei. I will not go down the same route as the original kei did! I'll live my life to the fullest. And I know that I might end up running into the character eventually in life which sucks, but when the time comes I'll try my best to not interact with them that much.

I wonder why Kei covers his face with his hair? Oh well, we will find out soon. Now let's stop talking and get back to what was happening in the present time.

I'm currently three months old. And my entire family was around me. They were playing with me and cuddling me. Even making me stand o my two feet and someone holds me as a support. Did I not introduce you to them? I'm sorry, here.

Mother: