Vol 1. Ch 19 Dance the worry warts away

Kei 

As we walked inside the ball room hand-in-hand, people's eyes began to shift towards us. 

They're staring at us I thought, unconsciously tightening my grip on Ryo. She must of known I was nervous. 

"Don't be afraid, sir Kei, sooner or later you will get used to this staring problem these noble people have." She snipped, glaring daggers at the bystanders.

"Im not fond of being the center of attention." My breath shakes. 

"Just put on a charming smile and pretend you're cocky or something. People will think you're constipated if you keep walking like that. You're stiff, your back is arching, and your head is slightly down." Ryo moved you eyes onto me as she spoke.

"shut up, you can't say that, I bet you were "at ease" the first time you had a public appearance in the 'noble society" I Retorted. Talking to her makes me feel at ease. My body relaxed as I closed my eyes for one second before opening them again. 

As we inch closer to the center, people made a path for us, as if they knew we were going to dance. 

"Have you been taking dance lessons?" She asks. When we got into the center, the people playing the instruments got into position, positioning their hands onto the right places, and waited for their instructor to give them the cue. 

"Yes I have, but I'm  scared I might disappoint everyone with my sloppiness." I replied, Gently grabbing her waist.  Slowly the conductor, began to move his hands in an up and down motion, making the people playing the instruments begin to move. The music has started. and people began dancing while others watched from afar. 

"Its okay, imagine people aren't here. That is what I always do." She replied. Just pretend?  I can try, but I don't know if its going to work.

"Don't worry, it's going to work, and if it doesn't, just look at me and no one else." how did you know...

"Its written all over your face." Oh...

Everything went quiet between us, Our eye contact didn't break and we were both enjoying ourselves. Pretend its just us I exhaled as I tuned in. I slowly put on a gentle smile as I locked my vision on Ryo. 

123..123..123..123 I counted the beat as I flawlessly guided her. "You're doing amazing, sir Kei." She smiled, leaning closer to me. I just replied with a thank you as we danced in the circle. 

Dancing like this, with Ryo, make me feel at ease...

And throughout the night we danced without worry being on our shoulders. 

----

A/N- hey, Winter break just started, so I might have more free time to write!!! 

A/N 2- Btw, Im doing updates on my other 'published' stories!!!