Vol. 1 ch 17 banquet?

Kei

I just stared at the King in confusion as everyone else was chatting. As I was busy sorting the situation in my head someone walked up to me.

"Excuse me? " A female spoke, 'timidly' walking up to me.

Completely focusing my eyes on the girl her eyes shined with 'innocence', her smile growing wider.

"Yes? " I asked, looking her up and down. Examining her features.

"If you don't mind... Would you like to dance with me.. ? " the female swayed slightly, her head faced my chest but her eyes looked up my mine.

'She has a big forehead... ' was all I thought at the moment.

".. Uhmm" she blushed, as she noticed I was just staring at her.

"Yes..? "

The said female grabbed my hand leading me to the center of the ball room.
Realizing my mistake I turned my head to the king giving him a "help me" look. He just smiled and waved, ignoring my plead.

And just as he did the music started to play.

'Well shet'. I had no choice at this point, do I?

As the soothing music played. Our bodies moved to the rhythm. Our movement matching each other's and our bodies close, radiating a warmth.

But, I was uncomfortable, the females stare drilled holes into  every inch of my body-as well as other stares.

My eyes looked anywhere other than the girl in front of me.

"So.. Mr. Kei.. Do you have any plans in taking a fiance? " she asked, her voice high pitched and her eyes rapidly blinking.

"No, not at the moment. Why do you ask?"

" Well-I- uh... I was just asking! " she fumbled with her words. Red dust visible to the eye.

"I see-"

"Actually... You know.. Mr. Kei, lots of ladies and men are aiming to be your fiance and possibly your future wife.. It will probably annoy you in the near future.. So, I'm willing to be your fiance so that they'll back off.. " The females pushed her body onto mine. Her head now looking up-eyes trained on mine.

'She's clever. ' I thought.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'll be  fine"

And just like that the music stopped.

Pushing away from her, I gave her a bow before leaving. "Hey- wait! " she screeched.

I ran Making my way to the balcony. Upon arriving, I leaned against the rails, letting out a sigh.

'Damn I'm frustrated.. ' I scratched my head.

"My my.. " the mysterious person chuckled.
________________________
Sorry sorry, I'm writing this in school as we speak ;cry