Chapter 11 |learning|

Udos POV

I was in a treatment room and the woman began treating my wounds and bruises.

She frowns "I'm sorry levi did this too you...he seems to loos his cool more often now a days"

I didn't say anything besides listen....

She looks at me "you are really quiet"

I frown and look away...

She sighs "I know, I know I wouldn't trust the enemy either"

She touched one of my bruises and I winced..

"Ah sorry, it looks like you have a really bad bruise there....or a cracked rib...."

I still remained quiet....

"Tell me how badly this hurts? Ok?"

I nod and she proceeded to touch the bruise again but with a little more pressure.

I winced again...it hurt more than my other bruises.

"It....hurts....a lot" I said quietly.

She smiles "so you do talk!"

"Y-yeah..."

She sighs "you may have a cracked rib...."

She grabs a bandage and carefully placed it over my wound and sighs.

"I'm sorry levi did this..."

I didn't understand....why was she apologizing to me?

"Why...."

"Huh?"

"Why are you being so nice...."

She sighs and shrugs "I don't hate you or anything so why be mean?"

"I killed you men!"

"Ah! Correction your comrades killed my men"

"But I killed some too...."

"And so did I"

I looked at her and she sighs "if I'm honest it was hard killing other people....I didn't even know other people existed...."

"You didn't?"

She shakes her head "no...I believed no one could even survive passed the walls with the titans roaming around"

I stayed quiet...

"Your young...you still have a lot to learn and when your young your naive....you believe what people tell you to believe without even seeing it yourself...."

"I'm sorry..."

She looks at me and places her hand on my shoulder "no need to apologize to me....I just want this war to end....I just want the people inside these walls to have a taste of freedom...."

I look at her and she notices something on me....

"What is it?"

"Oh! Heh nothing don't worry about it" she laughed nervously.

I nod and then the small man entered the room.

"Oi four eyes is he done being treated"

She nods "yep! And Levi you really need to control your anger sometimes....he has a cracked rib now"

Levi looked at me "walk it off"

"Levi!"

He sighs "sorry...."

I nod "it's fine...."

"Your friends are waiting for you so follow me"

I nod and me and the woman follow him to a room....it wasn't a cell....

I turn around and look at the woman "t-thank you...."

"Hanji, hanji Zoe and you are?" she smiles.

"Udo....Thank you hanji...."

I turn around open the door leaving them outside....

Hanjis POV

I was walking back with Levi and he stayed quiet....

"Levi I noticed something weird about that kid...."

He looks at me "what is it?"

I look down...me and Levi always avoided bringing up our passed son....

We reached our room and I sat on the bed....

"His eyes....reminded me of...."

"Don't be stupid four eyes....James is gone...."

I frown "I know....but his eyes looked just like yours....don't you find that interesting?"

He turns my direction "yeah....I noticed it too but it's just not possible..."

I look down "I guess your right..."

He sighs and walks over to me sitting next to me....

I looked at him and tears started to form in my eyes "I just miss him levi...."

He pulls me close and I place my head into his shoulder crying quietly....

"I do too hanji....everyday that goes by I can't help think that it's all my fault he's gone....I was sworn to protect you guys but I failed doing so...."

I looked at him and kissed him passionately "don't ever think that levi....what happened was truly unexpected....and there was nothing we could have done...."

He looks down and sighs "when this is all over maybe we could try for another kid....only if you want to...."

I sigh "it may be for the best..."

I hug him tightly and lay my head on his shoulder....

"So what's are next plan with those kids?...."

He sighs "well for one show that we aren't really devil's and show what we have truly been through and maybe have them turn to our side so we could end this war...."

I nod "I agree.... although we have to be careful with them....right now they are probably on edge and it will take awhile to earn their trust...."

He nods "true...."

I sigh and sit up stroking Levi's cheek "what's on your mind Levi....."

He looks down "how did we go from the titans being the enemy's to humans from outside the walls our enemy.....it feels like taking out all the Titans we were able to finally have our freedom back....but now it seems out freedom has been taken from our grasps by the people who attacked us...."

I pull him into a gentle hug and kiss the top of his head "I couldn't help but feel the same way...."

He sighs "our comrades....our friends....did they die for nothing?"

I stroke his hair "not exactly....they got us this far didn't they? They helped us fight the Titans....in my mind their lives didn't go to waste....yes I do miss them dearly....but I can't keep mourning over them I have to keep fighting for them..."

He nods "I guess your right...."

He looks up at me and I smile giving him a gentle kiss on the lips.

He returns to laying his head on my chest and sighs...

"I'm tired...."

I kiss the top of his head and pull him down so he was laying on top of me.

He adjusted himself and hugged my waist getting comfy on my chest.

I rub the back of his head and smiled......

"Get some rest Levi...."

He slowly nods and soon drifted off....I laughed softly at his little snores and looked at the ceiling.

I can't help but wonder.....

Why does Udo look like James....