Chapter 18 |reunited|

Hanjis POV

I finally caught up to Levi as he was sitting on a hill looking at the sunset....

I walk up and sit next to him....he doesn't say anything....

"Levi....are you ok?"

Levi looks at me and I see a tear fall down his face "Hanji I treated him so harshly....and he's alive....everything is just a lot to process"

I scoot closer to him and kiss his cheek "I know Levi....but he's alive....and back with us again"

"As the enemy"

I frown "don't say that about him...."

Levi looks at me "Hanji he spent his whole life in another world....he Even considered us as the enemy....I just....I don't know....it just doesn't feel real...."

I hold Levi's hand and sigh "he's real to me....I know my son when I see him....he has your qualities Levi...you can't deny that...."

Levi nods and frowns "I hurt him Hanji....badly"

I pull his head close to mine and rub his head "Levi you didn't know....you can't blame yourself for this...

He nods and looks at me before kissing me passionately. "He's really back huh?"

I smile and nod "he really is Levi...and we'll make sure he stays with us..."

I hug him tightly....honestly I too find this a little hard to believe but....Udo is our son....I know from the bottom of my heart he's our son....I just know it....I mean he has Levi's black hair, strength, and a little of his personality and he has my smarts, kindness and wears glasses and his parents died the same day we lost him....it all clicks....

I sigh "are you ready to go see him?"

Levi nods and I smile before getting up and helping Levi up.

He stood there for a second and I held his hand tightly "it will be ok levi..."

He looks at me and nods as we began to head back to our room.

Levis POV

We opened the door to our room and there he was....siting on the bed fiddling with his fingers....

Hanji kisses my cheek "I'm going to have moblit come take a DNA just to be positive"

I nod and she walks over to Udo who smiles at her...she tells him she was going to be right back and rubbed his head before leaving.

I enter the room and close the door as silence filled the room....

Udo looks at me then looks down "I know you hate me..."

What?....I don't hate him....I never did.

He clenches his fist "Im sorry....You must hate me for everything Annie did....and im sorry....and I helped the people kill many of you and Han-....moms comrades....Im a bad kid....and you have every right to hate me..."

I stayed quiet as he stood up....I saw tears falling down his face....

"Say something! Please!....im sorry! I really am!....just please say something!"

Before he could say anything else I bent down and pulled him into a tight hug....he stayed quiet and I just held him tightly as tears started coming down.

"Shut up...."

He hugs me back tightly and we stay like this for a moment before I make him look at me.

His eyes widened as he saw tears on my face....

"Udo....I never hated you and what Annie did....wasn't your fault....not in the tiniest bit....and If anyone should be apologizing it's me....I'm sorry I let you down as a father....and I'm sorry for....hurting you....I love you kid.....you're my son....and I'm just glad to have you back with me....I'm sorry about earlier when I just left....I just had to process everything...."

I hug him again and he hugs back just as tightly....

He looks at me and smiles "I'm glad to know I have real parents....and you and mom are really cool...."

I grin and stand up ruffling his hair, we sat on me and Hanjis bed and began talking he started telling me what it was like back at Marley and what he did as a soldier....he's only 12 and he's already a soldier over in Marley....

Hanji came back into the room holding two syringes, she looked at us and smiled "did you guys work things out?"

We both nod as she walks over to Udo "I just need some blood to do some tests" she said smiling softly....she always had a motherly tone in her voice when she was calm....that's one reason why I fell in love with her.

Udo nods as she stuck the needle into his arm and took some blood before handing the Syringe to moblit.

She used the other syringe to get her own blood and handed moblit the syringe where he took both to get them tested.

She sighs and looks at Udo "if you want to, you can go back to your friends...they are probably a little worried about you"

Udo nods, looking at us both smiling before he left.

Hanji looks at me and sits next to me on the bed holding my hand.

I softly grin and she kisses me passionately before I pull her into a tight embrace.

There were no words to describe how happy we are...a sad day turned into joyful one....

Our son is back and thats all there is to it....