16 - Bad Girl

Warning: This chapter contains sexual content. I won't be including this warning from now on since sexual content will be present throughout the story.

Alison
***

I pulled out my phone as I walked slightly behind the other students who were exiting the building. I opened a new text, excitement taking over my body.

ALISON: I have news. Where are you?

Just before I had time to put my phone away, it lit up.

DR DAMON: My office.

The two-word message was enough to convince me to go there. It felt right to give him the news in person. I also had a strange feeling that he was perhaps behind this: did Dr Damon give Mr Kent a hint as to which student to choose? No, he didn't seem like the type of professor who did that, especially given our... complicated stance.

One thing I was certain of, our conversation at the museum was a contributing factor to Gary's decision.

I headed upstairs to the last floor. I remembered the last time I had been there, when I showed Dr Damon my painting. I shuddered, trying to forget how harshly he had treated me.

I adjusted my skirt, pulling it down, before I knocked on his office door. He softly said "come in", and so I did.

Dr Damon was sitting at his desk, the blinds of his office pulled down, only one lamp illuminating the space. He had his head buried in a stack of books. When he glanced up at me, I noticed his eyes scanning my body.

"Let me guess, is this about the interview?" He said, getting up, walking around his desk.

"Why won't you ask your BFF?" I replied cheekily. I stood close to the door, keeping a respectable distance.

He smiled, crossing his arms. "Congratulations, although I can't seem to say the same thing about Kent."

My mouth gapped open. I stepped forward, challenging him. "What's that supposed to mean? You think he made a bad decision?"

"Didn't you hear what I said to you in today's lecture? Can't think of many artists who'd want to work with someone as... strong-minded as you."

I shook my head, a devilish grin on my face. "Since he has managed to put up with you as a friend, it'll be a walk in the park to deal with me."

He took a step forward, sounding serious. "My attitude is only this way because you leave me no other choice, Miss Bureau." We were so close together now that I could reach his chest if I lifted my hand towards him.

"And yet you told me to come here, Chris, so what gives?" I said, clicking my tongue at the end. He couldn't possibly have a stronger comeback than that.

"I did indeed." He said, his tone changing from sassy to candid. "I wanted to see you."

I gulped, realizing he was past the banter and moving somewhere else.

"Why?" I asked softly. I inched closer to him, expecting him to push me away. He didn't. Instead, he reached his arms out to me, gently guiding me towards his chest.

I was positive he could hear my heartbeat hammering under my ribs.

"Ali..." He sighed next to my ear, his breath tickling the skin of my neck. It was the first time he called me by my nickname, the favorite way I liked to be called. I absolutely melted under his touch.

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Just as quickly as he had done that, he pulled his hand away, suddenly aware of the line he had crossed.

"This is wrong." Dr Damon said, not looking at me. I could feel it in his heaving chest that he was battling his consciousness and his desire. I was fighting the same feelings, too. We both tried to resist, to rationalize, to not give into temptation. He was my teacher for goodness' sake, and if that wasn't enough, he was so much older than me.