32 - Date

Alison
***

That whole Saturday morning and afternoon were spent at Louise's house, tutoring and taking care of Oliver. He was such a sweet kid, and a fast learner too. Even though he was a bit shy, once he showed me his superhero collection, he couldn't shut up. I took that as an opportunity to speak with him in French about his action figures, what he liked about them, which superpowers he wanted to have.

When we were done with the French, he was very curious to see University work. He was fascinated by my paintings. He even said that art was my superpower.

With no one at home expect the two of us, I really didn't want to make Oliver play on his own, so I lent him my paint and got him a piece of paper to paint beside me. When Louise got home at five, she was so happy to see Oliver having so much fun and expressing himself.

Before I left, Oliver ran across the room and gave me a hug. Even though I had only been with him a few times, it was clear he already trusted me. It warmed my heart to know that I was having an impact on this little boy's life.

When I got home, all my mind was focused on was the date. I had tried to forget about it during the day, but as the hours approached, the anticipation was driving me wild.

Before getting dressed and putting on my make-up, I took a hot shower, taking my time to exfoliate every inch of my body, as well as shave. I really wanted to look and feel my best.

I decided to straighten my hair to change up my look. When that was done, I moved on to my make-up.

Walking back to my bedroom, I remembered Chris's instructions regarding the attire. I knew what type of lingerie I wanted to wear the moment his request came out of his mouth: a black lace matching pair I hadn't had the chance of wearing yet.

Now all I needed was a dress.

As I rummaged through my dresser, my eyes landed on a red dress I had worn a few times before. It was elegant without being overly sexy. It was the right balance between chic and fun. I paired the dress with black, slim heels, a red lip, and silver jewelry. I sprayed my body with my favorite perfume, the one Chris correctly identified as lilac. My stomach contorted when the memory of us discussing the safe word popped in my head.

"Hey Alison!" Claudia called from the living room. "Can you help find my phone? I don't know where I left it!"

When I walked out my room to help her look for it, I was greeted with gaping mouths.

"Alison, you look stunning!" Said Sammy, who was wearing an old sweater and a messy bun. "Who's the lucky guy?"

Ok, there was no denying I was going on a date. Why else would I be dressed like that? Not even for the opening night of an exhibition I'd be so put together. I decided not to omit the fact that I was going on a date.

"No one you know." I replied with a wink, sounding mysterious.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to tell them I was seeing someone, just not tell them who, obviously. That way, it wouldn't be suspicious that I spent so many nights out.

"And should we expect you to come back tonight, young lady?" Said Claudia, her hands on her waist.

My cheeks turned bright red. "Well... No."