41 - Shower

Alison
***

Christopher glanced up at the clock on the kitchen wall.

"You'll have to leave soon, won't you? To babysit?"

"Yeah."

We were still sitting on the floor, our legs stretched out in front of us, resting in the comfortable silence of each other's company. In that moment, we didn't need to say anything to tell the other what we were feeling. We both knew what we had done was intense. Nothing like I had ever experienced before, at least.

Knowing that Chris was there, sitting next to me, his hand resting on my thigh, was incredibly reassuring. I didn't feel weird after the dust of our wild sexual experience had settled, and I knew it was because Chris was so comfortable with it still playing on his mind, freely, without judgment. He made me feel like I could do it too, process what had happened, savor it, and not judge myself for having liked it so much.

"You're crazy." I said to him, leaning my head back against the wall. "You planned all of this, every single step... You got up earlier, you waited for me to get to the kitchen, you hid the ice from my sight..."

He squeezed my knee. "I'm just creative, that's all."

"That's all? You have the dirtiest, wickedest mind Chris, I swear..."

He laughed heartily "What can I say? I'm prolific."

I nudged his ribs with my elbow, shaking my head disapprovingly. That disapproval soon vanished as Chris' laughter encouraged mine.

Unfortunately, that reverie couldn't last forever. Chris got up, using the wall to support his weight.

"I'll take a quick shower first so that when it's your turn getting ready I'll be preparing us lunch. I would suggest breakfast but it's too late for that."

I was surprised by his offer to cook since he obviously didn't like it one bit. Besides, clearly I was the superior cook. I was the obvious choice to take on that task (which I actually enjoyed).

"After all that you still want to cook?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Well, it's just that... Huh... You've already been so proactive that I think it's my turn to do something."

He laughed cockily. "Well, this is my house and I do what I what."

Couldn't argue with that.

He walked around in the direction of his bedroom.

"Wait." I called him back. He turned to face me.

"What is it?" He asked softly.

I swallowed hard and crinkled my nose. I didn't want him to go, I wanted to stay close to him.

"Can I join you?"

His eyes widened, his mouth slightly parting. I couldn't believe those words had left my mouth either. He did a double take, looked at the kitchen island and then back at me.