44 - Pretty Little Thing

Alison
***

I took a sip of the scalding coffee, the liquid burning the back of my throat. I loved the bitterness of an espresso, the small cup packing enough power to cure my lethargy. After a whole afternoon of painting, I really needed it.

It was Friday afternoon so the cafeteria was practically empty. I took my coffee at the bar counter, wanting to make it quick so I could go back to the canvas I was working on and finish up before going to Gary's studio at six.

As I took another sip, my hand resting on the glass counter, I felt a presence near me.

"An espresso, please."

I turned to my right, the voice instantly putting a smile on my face. Chris was standing next to me at arms length, not too close yet not too far away.

"Hello Professor Damon." I said, using my spoon to swirl the remains of my coffee.

He didn't look in my direction, the man behind the counter handing him his coffee. "Hello Miss Bardot." He opened a packet of sugar and poured it in.

We didn't exchange another word and just stood there, drinking our coffees. I hadn't seen Chris all week, not even in the corridors. As always, my week was so packed that we only exchanged a couple of messages in the end of the day, but nothing special.

Chris put down his cup after finishing the coffee. He licked his lips, drumming his fingers on the counter.

"Follow me."

At first I didn't react as Chris walked away. When he looked back to see if I was coming, I snapped out of it and followed him out of the cafeteria, making sure to keep a considerable distance.

He lead me down the maze of corridors to the oldest part of the building. I was confused as to where he was going, the feeling intensifying when we reached the cloister garth, near the old convent's church. He walked down the stone archways surrounding the interior garden, our footsteps echoing. The setting sun cast shadows of the pillars on the ground, creating a stripy effect.

That was when he stopped in front of an inconspicuous door and opened it, walking inside. I looked around me before going in, the unfamiliar surrounding making me feel observed even though we were the only ones there.

The room was poorly lit, the only light source being a few windows close to the ceiling. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw rows and rows of chairs stacked on top of each other, a thick layer of dust covering them.

My heart quickened. Did Chris really take me to a storage room?

Before I could get a single word out of my mouth, Chris pulled me into him, grabbing my face and kissing me fervently. I was so taken aback that I didn't even close my eyes at first, my hands up in the air and panting in surprise.

When Chris' hands travelled down my body, I slowly melted into the kiss, my arms looping around his neck, reciprocating the intensity. He tried to push me against the stone wall, but I fought back. He smiled at my bratty defiance, his mouth never breaking from mine.

When he managed to get a hold of my arms, I was done for. He pressed me easily against the hard surface, his hand reaching down and groping my left thigh, lifting it up to his waist and thrusting his hips against mine. I gasped as my lower back slammed against the wall.