60 - House Party

Alison
***

The student line into Professor Agnes' office was huge. We could have submitted our portfolio earlier in the week to avoid this, but everyone needed every second they could to complete their work.

I was waiting in line with David, holding tightly to our massive painting folders, taking one step forward every five minutes or so.

"Why is this taking so long?" I complained. I just wanted to hand over my work so I could go to Chris' apartment.

"I think Prof Agnes is taking note of how many paintings each student submits so that way she'll know if anything is missing when grading us." Said the student standing in front of us in line.

"Makes sense," Commented David. "Can you imagine how many pieces she needs to keep track of? Imagine if she lost one or mixed up portfolios... That would be a disaster."

We chit-chatted to pass the time. Just like everyone else, David was going home to spend Christmas with his parents in Maryland.

"How am I going to survive Maryland without my main party girl?" He asked. Then, as we moved a couple more steps closer to our professor's office, he added. "You know what? I heard some girls from our class talking about a house party tonight. I think we should go."

"After an exhausting week you still want to party?" I questioned, shock and amusement laced in my voice. Would it really be David if he didn't want to party every chance he got?

"It's a party to celebrate the end of the semester! Come on, I know you aren't that tired to skip something like this!"

I chuckled. "But we weren't even invited..."

He swatted the air. "Who cares? Everyone is going to be so drunk they won't know who was invited."

I found his offer tempting. We deserved to celebrate and party together one last time before the end of the year. As David tried to convince me, listing the people who he knew were going to this party, Chris kept crawling in my mind.

We agreed I'd go to his apartment after I submitted my portfolio, and I was dying to see him. He told me he was already feeling much better after taking some medicine, which was a plus.

"I don't know... I think I'll pass." I said.

David cleared his throat. "Excuse me Miss, I won't take no for an answer. Unless..." He raised one eyebrow. "You're going to see your man tonight, aren't you?"

My cheeks heated up instantly. "No! I'm going to pack to go back home."

We were almost at the front of the line. Thank God because I didn't want to keep talking about this.

"Bullshit. You're coming to the party, that's final. Tell your little boyfriend he'll get laid later."

I covered my mouth, my eyes bulging out. David was starting to get a little bit too comfortable.

"Alright, fine!" I conceded. "I'm texting Maddie to go with us."

He smiled devilishly. "Perfect. We could all meet at your apartment. Oh, and tell Maddie to bring a chaser. I have a bottle of vodka that needs to be emptied before I hop on the plane home."