24 - Safe Word

Alison
***

Before going to Gary's studio at six, I rushed home and packed a bag to spend the night at Chris' house. All the other times I had been there, I always ended up spending the night, so I was just preparing for the inevitable.

I finished organizing all the folders and binders at Gary's studio at around nine thirty. Gary and David were so engrossed in a painting that they told me I could leave earlier and they'd stay a little longer. Of course I couldn't tell them where I was headed to, so I said my goodbyes and tried to hide my excitement.

I called an Uber to Chris' apartment. The ride wasn't long, but I managed to retouch my cherry lipstick and blush. When I arrived at my destination, I rang the bell. After a few seconds, the door opened and I walked into the building.

When the elevator doors opened up on his floor, Chris' door was already open, his body leaning against the door frame. He was no longer wearing his tie and blazer. The first two buttons of his shirt were undone and his sleeves were rolled up. He looked hot as hell.

"Have you seen the time, Miss Bardot?" He asked, his arms crossed over his chest, his eyebrows cocked. "I wondered if you had decided not to show up."

I placed my hand on his chest. "I did think twice before coming over. I don't want to get food poisoning."

He gasped, slapping my behind playfully, guiding me inside his apartment. "I could never do that to my favorite student."

He kissed my cheek and guided me towards the dinning table. He had set the table, our plates facing each other. Next to the plates were two boxes of chinese food and a bottle of red wine.

I burst out laughing. "Chris, you're so lazy! You could have made something super easy instead of wasting money. Seriously."

"Excuse me Miss, I'm not lazy, I'm smart." He said, taking the seat in front of me and opening the bottle of wine. "If I had tried to cook I would have burnt the house down. How could I tell my insurance that I had set fire to the house in an attempt to impress a girl? That's just embarrassing."

I chuckled, hiding my face behind the chinese box. I hadn't even been there for five minutes and he was already making me blush.

Before pouring the wine in his glass, he hovered the bottle over mine. "Want some?"

I nodded and he poured. I wasn't the biggest fan of wine, but God knew I needed it. Whatever rule Chris wanted to implement, it was sure going to be a serious conversation.

He poured the same amount of wine for himself and brought it to his lips, tinging them red. I followed suit, tasting the sweetness and sharpness of the wine on my tongue.

"How did you know where to put the slide of the Sistine Chapel to line up with the seating of the students?" I asked, eating my food. It was no longer hot, just lukewarm.

"I didn't." Chris admitted. "It was a pure coincidence."

I put down my glass, squinting my eyes. "Bullshit, of course you knew. You changed the slides when you saw where I was sitting, didn't you?"

He chuckled. "I swear I didn't. I was as surprised as you."

"You didn't seem surprised," I said, defiant. "You looked like you were enjoying torturing me."

"I'm just good at controlling my emotions, Miss Bardot. That's something you'll learn when you grow up."

I bit my lip, annoyed that he was getting the upper hand. "Did I at least manage to teach you something new, Professor?"