32

Mila hadn't barely left her bedroom for a week

She still remembered the sound of Diego's voice as he rang her late at night to tell her that he was leaving the country and going into hiding because of some 'shady business' that he had.

It was then four days later one of Diego's closest friends had rang Mila and told her that he'd been murdered by a rival gang.

When it came to the school year Mila decided that enough was enough.

She walked down the stairs in her Las Encinas uniform and walked into the lounge where her mother was.

She heard a beep outside and looked at her mother "My ride's here, mom, I'll see you later."

She turned around and smiled at her daughter "Have fun, querida!" Mila opened the door and ran outside to catch a ride with Guzmán.

The ride with him was a quick one as she did not live too far from the school.

When the two teenagers arrived Mila headed to the bathroom.

She walked into the room and saw that an unfamiliar girl was fixing her makeup in the mirror.

Mila stood next to her and pulled out her chapstick. Mila decided to introduce herself to the girl "Are you new here?"

The girl looked at her through the mirror and smiled "Yeah, I'm Mencía." Mila smiled back at her "I'm Mila. Welcome to Las Encinas."

Mencía looked around the bathroom "Doesn't seem all that to me if I'm honest."

Mila shrugged "Well, this place has been shook to the core because of the amount of tragedies that have happened here." Mencía frowned "Like what?"

Mila applied her chapstick on her lips "Well, my best friend was murdered a couple of years ago, a kid went missing and my best friends murderer was killed."

Mencía's eyes widened "And I thought I would be bored here."

Mila laughed at her comment and put her chapstick back in her bag. "I'm gonna head out. I'll see you later, Mencía."

The girl nodded "Likewise." Mila opened the door and left the bathroom.

She then bumped into Ander who looked distressed.

"Is everything okay?" Ander shook his head "No, we have to head to an assembly with the new Principal."

Mila frowned "What new Principal?"

Ander sighed "My mother just told me that she's been sacked by a guy named Benjamín and the school's getting a revamp."

Mila rolled her eyes and the two headed to the assembly.

When Mila walked into the hall she took a seat next to Rebeca who smiled at her and the group of students waited for Benjamín to begin his presentation.