27

Mila folded her arms and leaned back on the sofa

Mila folded her arms and leaned back on the sofa. She looked at her mother who was on the phone to Polo's parents. Mila had agreed to take the modelling deal but told her mother that she didn't want to be anywhere near Polo.

She stood up and walked out of the living room. As Mila walked up the stairs to her bedroom, she could hear her mother's excitement echoing from the walls surrounding her. She was more excited than Mila.

Mila opened her wardrobe and picked out and outfit for Yeray and Carla's pool party. She wasn't in the mood for a party but hesitantly agreed to come. She wanted to take her mind off of Polo and Marina, and so she would forget them by any means necessary.

~~~

Mila could feel the alcohol controlling her already. Causing her to dance dreadfully with Antonio. She had her hands on his shoulders and his were around her waist. Mila swayed her hips to the music that blasted the area. She felt great. Antonio brought his mouth to Mila's ear "I'm getting a drink. I'll be right back." He kissed her on the cheek and walked off.

Mila continued to dance on her own, until she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder "You look great MiMi!" Mila shoved Valerio's arm off of her shoulder and rolled her eyes "Leave me alone. Maybe you should go and how out with your new friends." Valerio smirked "Are you jealous?" Mila sarcastically smiled "Yeah, I'm so jealous of your threesome with Polo and Cayetana. You three were made for each other. The murderer, the liar and the druggie. Such a great story, right?" Valerio's smirk faded and he stepped closer to Mila. "Listen, bonita. I think you should be more concerned with your relationship than mine."

Mila laughed "Your relationship won't last, Valerio. Just like me and you. You're incapable of loving anyone else but yourself, that's why you'll remain alone." Valerio pulled away from Mila and nodded "Sure. So you think I didn't feel anything for you?" Mila kept her gaze and stayed silent. He scoffed "That's what I thought. You see, what I felt for you was real. If you can't see that, then maybe your the one that's incapable of loving anyone else." Mila rolled her eyes and walked towards Yeray's  huge kitchen.

She saw Antonio sitting at the bar with his friends. She was going to go over there until Carla stepped in front of her "Do you have any drugs on you?" Mila laughed "You think I have drugs on me?" Carla rolled her eyes "Don't play dumb. You used to take that shit all the time." Mila frowned "Why, do you want some? I didn't think you took drugs." Carla shrugged "Well I grew up." Mila slowly nodded "So it would seem." Carla scowled and walked towards the garden.

Mila walked to the bar and sat down next to Antonio. She kissed him on the cheek and smiled "Are you having a good time?" Antonio nodded but kept his head down, causing Mila to frown "Everything okay?" Antonio sighed and then looked at Mila "Do you love me?" Mila was taken back by his words and couldn't give him the answer he wanted. She stayed silent, causing Antonio to scoff "That's what I thought." He put his drink down "Listen, Mila. I think that you're an amazing and beautiful girl, but we don't love each other. Our parents forced us together and that's that. You don't love me." Mila looked down and sighed "I'm sorry, Antonio. I just wanted to make my mom happy. I'm sure you can understand." Antonio caressed Mila's cheek and smiled "Listen, you're free to kiss and love anyone you want, okay? Don't let me stop you." He stood up and kissed Mila on the forehead. He smiled one more time and walked outside.

Mila felt some kind of weight lifted off of her shoulders and smiled.

Shortly after Antonio walked outside, Valerio stepped inside and walked straight passed Mila to the drinks. Mila wanted to make Polo's life a living hell and the only for her to do that was to ruin his relationship. Mila took off her sunglasses and placed them on a nearby table. She took a sip of the beer that Antonio had left and she strutted towards Valerio. She took his hand and dragged him towards the bathroom. He followed her confused. Before Valerio could say a word, Mila smashed her lips onto his and he smirked into the kiss. Mila wrapped her arms around his neck and he rested his on Mila's waist. She worked her mouth against his, their tongues battling back and forth like wrestlers, each trying to pin the other. The two continued to kiss each other, until Valerio picked up Mila and slammed her body onto the closed door. "What the hell is your problem?" Mila pushed Valerio off of her and smirked "You have no self control, do you?" He ran his fingers through his hair "What are you trying to do to me, Mila? Are you doing this to get back at Polo or Cayetana?" Mila shrugged "I thought you felt the same way." Valerio huffed "Listen, I care about you, Mila, but I'm in a relationship right now. I don't wanna ruin it." Mila nodded "Yeah, have fun protecting a murderer." She opened the door and slammed it on her way out, leaving a frustrated Valerio in the bathroom.

Mila's outfit: