18

Guzmán walked into the classroom and frowned when he saw a group of boys laughing at a video of him and Nadia that was posted the night before

Guzmán walked into the classroom and frowned when he saw a group of boys laughing at a video of him and Nadia that was posted the night before. "Are you having fun? You think it's funny? If you had a little bit of decency or you weren't all bored, you'd all delete the video." Nadia looked up "Leave it, Guzmán."

Guzmán walked over to Nadia and sat down next to her. Mila rolled her eyes at the boys and   she sat down next to Antonio. Mila kept her head down and was in deep thought about what Diego told her the night before. Antonio noticed Mila's sudden change in mood and he gently touched her shoulder "Que pasa?" Mila looked up and smiled at Antonio "I'm fine. I'm just tired. Nada más." Antonio dropped his hand and nodded understandingly. The two stayed silent until the teacher walked into the room.

"Everyone sit down. We're about to start. You have one hour for the exam. Please, put all your books away." Carla looked around the classroom "Samuel's missing." The teacher frowned "And do you know if he is late, or is he sick?" Guzmán began to walk across the classroom "He is never late, because if the pizza arrives cold, he doesn't get paid. And he's not sick either. If he were, that geek would have called 100 times to ask if they could please, please postpone the exam." Mila rolled her eyes at Guzman's outburst. She looked at Rebeca who sneakily tried to ring Samuel. The call went to voicemail.

~~~

"We are going to be carrying out a search
this afternoon to try and find him, or any clue as to his whereabouts. It would be good if any of you could come along to help."

Guzmán raised his hand "But do they think he's dead? Are we looking for a dead body?" Inspectora sighed "Our hope is to find him alive."

~~~

"Mila. You're turn." Mila sighed and walked into the classroom. She sat on the opposite side of Inspectora and she played with her bracelet nervously. "Mila, do you have anything to do with Samuel's disappearance?" Mila shook her head "Unlike Marina, Samuel and I weren't friends. We barely spoke. He was so caught up with the Marchioness, no one really saw him." Inspectora nodded "But you did speak at Rebeca's Halloween Party, right?"

Mila shrugged "Yes, but only because I knew his brother was there. I just told him to make sure that Guzmán didn't find him first." Inspectora hummed to herself and frowned "What do you think was the reason for Nano's disappearance?" Mila shrugged "Nano was in a lot of pain. His brother even beat him to a crisp. Everyone was against him. It's a shame he was forced to leave his family, though."

Inspectora crossed her arms "I just spoke to your boyfriend." Mila shook her head "He's not my boyfriend." Inspectora ignored Mila's last comment and carried on "Samuel was last seen near Marina's grave. You and Marina were best friends. I'm sure you spent a lot of time in that area." Mila sighed "What exactly are you implying, Inspectora?" She folded her arms "Mila, did you see Samuel at Marina's grave that night." Mila rolled her eyes "I told you, I was with Antonio that night." Inspectora shrugged "Well, according to him. You asked him to drop you off at an unknown location, before you arrived at his." Mila played with her bracelet and looked down. Inspectora frowned "Where were you, Mila?"

Mila shrugged "I was with a friend." Inspectora frowned "Who?" Mila sighed "Diego." Inspectora nodded "So he can confirm that, right?" Mila looked down "Yes. He was worried about something, so we met up." Inspectora crosses her arms and leaned back into her chair "And what was he so worried about, that he needed to talk with you so late?" Mila looked at Inspectora coldly "I really don't think that's any of your business."

Inspectora looked at Mila one last time and smiled "Thank you. That's all." Mila stood up and walked out of the classroom. She felt everyone's stares on her and rolled her eyes. Antonio tried to reach her but she brushed him off, walking straight to the bathroom.

Before she could step into the bathroom an arm pulled her back. She turned around and sighed when she saw Valerio with a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?" Mila looked around to check that nobody was around, then focused her attention back on to Valerio.

"I'm just a bit paranoid right now. Diego told me that these guys have been taking pictures of me." Valerio frowned "What kind of guys." Mila shrugged "Thugs. Gang members. I don't know. Diego came to my house with a knife wound in his shoulder, then two men were knocking on my doorstep, asking for him." Valerio brought Mila into a hug. "You'll be fine." Mila felt tears falling from her face "I hope so."