6

"When did you and Marina drift apart?" Mila sighed "Marina never minded her own business. She kept interfering with my relationship... and I... I couldn't stand it." Inspectora nodded and began to write. Mila frowned "That didn't make me want to kill her... solo para confirmar."

~~~

Mila walked down the hallway with her head down

Mila walked down the hallway with her head down. She hadn't spoken to anyone since the party. She saw Marina walking towards her, motioning for Mila to follow her outside.

They found a secluded spot on the field and they both sat on a bench. Marina looked down "I saw what happened at the party." Mila cleared her throat and looked forward "I don't know what you saw." Marina lifted her head up and looked at Mila "He slapped you, Mila. Hard." Mila shook her head "It was an accident. He didn't mean to hurt me." Marina quickly grabbed Mila's arm and rolled her sleeve up, revealing red marks and bruises. Mila quickly pulled her sleeve down and stood up. She began to walk away. Marina followed her. "You have to tell someone. This can't happen again." Mila rolled her eyes "It's not a big deal, Marina. It won't happen again." Marina stopped Mila from walking, by standing in front of "You can't guarantee that. I'm worried about you. If you don't tell someone. I will." Marina walked off and Mila stood there shocked at Marina's promise. She didn't want to tell anyone about Marco's aggressive nature. She loved him too much for that.

~~~

Mila sat on a bench waiting for Diego. She called him after school, in need to get her mind off Marina and Marco.

She saw Diego walking towards her with his signature smile plastered on his face. He sat down next to her and rested his arm on the bench "So... what brings you down to this part of town?" Mila shrugged "Honestly... I wanna get drunk and forget about all of my problems." Diego nodded "That can be arranged." Mila smiled at him. He gestured Mila to follow him and they walked to a motorcycle.

He handed her a helmet and she hesitantly took it. Diego smirked "Scared?" Mila smiled "Of course not." Diego nodded and jumped on the motorcycle. Mila then wrapped her legs around it and held onto Diego's waist.

~~~

"My parents are getting a divorce." Diego took a sip of his beer and looked at the sea in front of him "Sorry to hear that." Mila shrugged "I knew it was coming. My dad thought it would be fine to cheat on her with a blonde, 21 year old called Seven. I mean who names their kid after a number?" Diego and Mila laughed. Mila looked at her phone and saw that it was almost 10. She looked at Diego who continuously drank his beer. "I gotta head home."

Diego nodded "Okay, well I had fun tonight." Mila smiled and Diego's eyes switched from her eyes to her lips. He leaned in and kissed her gently. Mila kissed back. She pulled away looking down "I'm sorry. I can't do this." Diego smirked "it's okay. I understand. You can leave. They all do." Mila frowned "Don't make this harder than it already is." She walked towards the road. She pulled out her phone and called her dad to pick her up.

~~~

"So are you going to my place or mom's?" Mila shrugged "Mom's, I guess." Alejandro nodded and looked ahead "You know, I'm so proud of you." Mila smiled slightly "Thanks dad."

The ride home was quiet. They both listen to the music that was playing on the radio. Mila thought about Diego. She thought about the kiss that they shared. How it felt different to the kisses she shared with Marco. Something about him was... different.