Part 4: Going to England

"Excuse me?" I say, raising my voice in shock.

I don't know what kinda big sister power she thinks she holds but there's not a chance that I'm gonna go to England for the summer. Me and Flynn has a whole summer planned, the royal family won't  ruin it.

"We talked with Gladys this morning, she said the only way to stop things like this is for you to come back with us to England" Carrie explains, she sounds very calm and level-headed.

"I'm not going, I mean I can't. I have plans, Car. I have lots of them, very busy"

"I didn't really ask Julie, this is important and the only way is for you to come with us. It's only for 3 months"

"What if I don't want my daughter going? I mean, Carrie be logical"

"I am mom, we'll fly you, dad, and Carlos out to see us anytime" she says, already spearheading own problem.

But not the biggest. Me and Flynn are supposed to be having the best time of our lives this summer. Everything we've worked so hard for will be all for nothing. I'm not letting that happen.

"No no, I worked for a year and a half to fund my trip. I was finally gonna do something in my own" I interrupt them as they make plans.

"I never understood why you didn't let mom and dad pay for the one last year" Carrie commented.

"Because Car, it's about hard work and doing something myself. I wanted to go so I got a job and worked to do it. It's a girls trip for Flynn and me, don't take that away" I say, trying to plead or bargain with her.

"Julie, I know you think I'm trying to ruin your fun but I'm not. Flynn could come stay at Rosebridge with you"

Ugh, I hate that she said that. She just said Rosebridge like it's not a freaking castle with the queen and king and all that.

"Julie, they're making this really easy for you. I mean, all the Accommodations for you" My mom interjects.

"What about the concert?" I ask, crossing my arms.

To be honest, Flynn would probably love staying at the castle and exploring England. But the concert, it's important.

"I could make some calls, I'm sure they could detour for a weekend" Dylan says.

"See" Carrie says, looking at me. I feel everyone's eyes on me and I know what I have to do.

"I guess..... when do we leave?" I say, throwing my hands up in defeat.

A few days later
"So I'm really gonna come stay?" Flynn ask, laying on my bed as I pack what I can.

Carrie said that I'll need clothes for a few days but try to keep the "edgy-ness" to a minimum. Apparently, Gladys will be curating me a whole wardrobe for the entire summer. Luckily, I don't have to wear stupid rompers or something. It's fairly cool durning summers there and sometimes even chilly. So I get to live in cardigans.

"Yes, for 4 days. You get to stay in the castle and everything"

"That's awesome. I know your kinda bummed but how is this not awesome to you? You get to live with royalty beside you'll be surrounded by eye candy"

"I've said it once and I'll say it again. He's gonna be my brother in law, I don't find him hot like at all" I say, shoving my suitcase closed.

"I'm not talking about just him, I'm talking about the royal wreckers"

"Royal wrecker?" I question, sitting beside her and laying back to see her laptop.

"See, it's prince Reginalds friend group. There's Alex, prince of Scotland and his boyfriend Willie who is as of right now just a commoner. There's Bobby, earl of England. And there's his best friend, Luke the duke of England."