Part 10: Meeting the Crown

"What the actual hell is this Julie?" Carrie says, pacing around my room. I sit up and grab the paper, flipping to the big article.

Prince Reginald and Princess Julie???
It was last night at the young princes underground club that the younger Molina, Julie was caught entering with Reginalds best friend, Lucas Patterson. We had at first thought that the two had been going to together but an inside reporter said as soon as the two came into the club, they split. Julie, however searched the place for the prince and was caught talking to another girl about him. As the group was leaving the club, we were waiting right outside to see Julie and Reggie hand in hand beside each other. There have been previous speculations about the said couple before, but could this be the real thing? Has Julie set her sights on our young prince?

"This is ridiculous, I wasn't there with either of them. I was going for Flynn, to find her an-and save her from Reggie" I say, getting up from my bed. Carrie doesn't even acknowledge my words and continues to pace.

"This isn't good, this isn't good" she mumbles to herself.

"Care, I'm sorry"

"Don't Julie. This is a big deal" she snaps again.

Geez.

"It's one paper, one reporter" I say, throwing it down on the bed. She laughs, like snorts.

"You are so naive. It's on every front page, like everywhere. It's spread like wildfire. I have no idea what we are gonna do"

"They took it out of context. I was there for Flynn, not either of them!" I exclaim in frustration.

"It doesn't matter what you actually were there for, you looked like you were there for Reginald. Or at least to them you did" she says, giving me a very motherly stare.

This is totally nuts.

I didn't even talk to him or grab his hand. He was leaning on me because he's a stumbling drunk. Not because I wanna as they would say, shag him.

Eww, I mean he's gonna be my brother in law and from what I hear, he's kind of a man slut.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask, picking out clothes as we continue this extremely tense conversation. She's so mad at me, I can tell. But she's trying not to be.

"I'm not sure, but we have to have some kind of defense or something" she says "now, I'll let you get dressed. Please just come down to the dining hall for breakfast in 20 minutes, no later" I nod and she leaves the room, shutting the door hard behind her.

I feel bad, I mean I couldn't have excepted this but I should have been more careful. I should have even let them go by themselves. If I was with them or something, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Maybe I shouldn't have even answered when he knocked on the door.

I put on a this dress and a pair of small, black heels.