Part 12: Faking it

A/n: I should note that Flynn was sent home by the queen. So yeah.

Who's excited to for our date?" Luke says bursting into the library. It was so quiet for a just a moment.

"Must you be so loud" I complain, not looking up from my book.

"Must you be so boring" he says sitting in front of me. I try to ignore him but he takes the book from my hands.

"Maybe not boring, just lonely" he smirks, flipping through the book. I reach for it back but he holds ir above my head.

"Now now, lady Juliet you must not act in such a manner. And are you really wearing that? It's our first official date" he says.

"Our very much not official date is not for another hour and I have a perfect plan which was on track till you came along. Now please leave" I say, jumping and grabbing the book.

"Wow, is that anyway to talk to your boyfriend?" He smiles again, his stupid smirk.

"You are not my boyfriend. If you won't leave, I will" and with that, I'm out of the library. I flee off to my room and when I enter, to my surprise stand Gladys and Carrie gazing into my wardrobe.

"Hi?" I say.

"Oh Julie, perfect timing" Gladys says giving me a smile.

I wish people would show some actual emotion here.

"What are y'all doing?" I ask, tossing the book onto my bed and sitting in the chair by the desk.

"Picking your date outfit. Something that says dressy but simple" Carrie says.

"I've already picked it out" I say and stand up, twirling around. I'm in Jean shorts, a basic shirt and a flannel. Something from my actual clothes and not England's finest.

"No no no" Gladys says, shaking her head. You'll be wearing this

"That's sooooooo basic, no way" I say and Carrie throws them at me

"Yea you are, now get dressed and we'll be here to get you all ready" she tells me and I'm actually shocked at how she's handling this.

She's acting like a boss. Without another argumentative word, I go into the bathroom and change. I look in the mirror and..... wait I actually look good.

I come out and Carrie does they squealing girl thing. Then there's a knock at the door.

"THE ONE AND ONLY IS HERE TO HELP!" Alex announces coming in my room. He holds multiple makeup holders and he plops them down onto the vanity/desk.

An hour later
Carrie and Alex are fixing my hair when someone knocks on my door.

"Who's that?" I ask, turning around slightly.