Part 14: Meeting The Princess

"Jusays.

"It wasn't, I promise I'll stay out of the headlines"

"Speaking of headlines, princess Kayla is coming home for the wedding today. We will be attending a derbye this afternoon. Me and Gladys will help you dresse appropriately" Carrie says, taking a bite if this fancy breakfast.

This is place is so dang fancy it makes me sick. I mean ere, fancy clothes, fancy foods, and just so much royalness. But it will all be worth it if Carrie's happy.

"Okay, what time do I need to be ready by?"

"Oh we're about to get ready. We need to leave soon" Carrie informs me, standing up.

"Come with me" she says and grabs my hand.

An hour later
"My god, this dress is awful. Who actually wears these things" i scoff as I look in the mirror.

"It's a one of a kind designer dress" Gladys says, puffing out the skirt.

"It looks like a bad dance costume or a loofah" I say and Carrie laughs "oh my god, yours is worse!" I groan, covering my eyes.

"It's not that bad Julie" Carrie says, fixing my hair and hair piece.

Let me tell you, it's that bad. THEY HAVE PUT ME IN A FLUFFY YELLOW DRESS. Oh my god, I look like the Lorax. It's bad, so so bad.

"Why do we even have to wear these dresses?" I ask, staring in the mirror at myself.

"It's a tradition for the derby, all the ladies dress like this"

"Ya know, some traditions should change"

"I couldn't agree more" someone says from the doorway. It must be princess Kayla, and her's is definitely worse.

"I didn't know you were already here, Kayla" Carrie says.

"Well you know me, full of surprises. Hi, I'm Kayla" she says, walking over to me.

"Julie, it's nice to meet you" I say, giving my best Carrie smile.

"These dresses are god awful but everyone actually wears them. It's bad, like a new kind of embarrassment"

"They are pretty bad" I say, running my hands over the tulle of the dress.

"I'll see y'all downstairs in a few" she says, walking out of the room just a quick as she came.

That was weird and incredibly random.

"She's right, we should get going. Now remember Julie, you must be-"

"On my best behavior, I know"

Downstairs
I see all the boys at the end of the staircase and do my best to be all so graceful as I walk in this loofah dress.

"Ta-da" I say, walking up to Luke. I do jazz hands and spin, showing off the full dress. He covers his eyes, in pain.

"That-that is a crime. It should be outlawed" he says, making me laugh.

"Lucas, this is beauty at its finest. Don't mock it"

"This, makes you look like the Lorax" Luke says, spinning me around again.

"Oh my god, that's exactly what I thought" we both burst out laughing again.

Until someone clears their throat.

"It's time to go" the queen announces.

At the derby
As we pull up, I see the hundred other ladies in dresses just as awful. No, worse than my mine.

"We have the top box, of course but you kids should go socialize a bit before coming up" the queen tells us and then just leaves us all standing here.

Okay then?

Carrie and Dylan go with the king and queen, leaving the rest of us "kids" here to socialize.

"How about a drink?" Luke says, standing beside me.

"Umm sure, a drink sounds good" I say. He extends his arm and I wrap my arms around it. We walk over to the drink tent.

He orders us to of something. The guy hands them to us and we walk off, our arms still linked together.

I take a sip of the drink and spit it out.

"Uh oh my god, what is that?" I say coughing, who he laughs at me "that's vile"

"It's Pimms, it's super common in the summer" he says, taking my glass.

"It's so gross, how do you drink that?"

"Grown up to it, it does take some getting used to. I'll get you something sparkling wine, much easier on the plate" I nod and he goes back to the drink tent.

"Julie" Kayla says, scaring me.

She just appears out of know where.

"Oh, umm hi" I say, resting my hand on my chest.

"Sorry to scare you but I need to talk to you" she says.

"Okay, go ahead"

"I just wanted to tell you that I don't like you. I don't trust you and if you hurt Luke or Reggie, your life will be hell. I know your intentions, so I'm warning you don't you dare try anything" she says.

Okay, that was scary.

"Umm, I-"

"Hey guys" Luke says, coming over to us.

"Hey Luke, I was a just talking to Julie. Gotta go, bye!" She says, leaving again as quick as she came.

This girl is something else.

Also, my intentions? I just wanna make it through the summer.

"Here, this should be much better" Luke says handing me my drink. I take a sit and feel the bubbles burn my throat. It does taste better though, much better.

"Very nice, much much better" I say. He smiles and nods, linking my arm with his again.

"She's a lot to handle but she's sweet, I assure you"

"She's something alright" i mutter, taking another drink.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed this, it was a bit of a filler chapter but still!

What do you think of princess Kayla so far? You think she'll be an actual likable character or no?

Love you always and forever♥️ -R