Chapter 10 His parents

I strode around the living room, constantly drawing and releasing my breath.

I can't think straight right now because of what's going on.

When I heard the sound of the door opening, I flinched.

"Honey," a woman's captivating voice said.

I turned around and held my breath when I saw a very beautiful woman in her middle age wearing an expensive chiffon long dress and a middle-aged man who looked like the old version of Adrain, along with a girl who appeared to be my age, with grey eyes like Adrian and a face that resembled Adrian's, there is no doubt that she is his sister.

I stared at them as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Adrian comes from his study, and his mother rushes up to him, hugging him and kissing his cheeks.

His father then hugged him, followed by his sister.

"How are you doing, honey?" his mother said, tenderly touching his hair, but he frowns, as if irritated by them.

Jerk, you are so fortunate to have such a wonderful family. Compare that to an orphan like myself who has never seen love from their parents since childhood and you have no idea how others would treat you if you don't really have parents.

I'm biting my lower lip and turning aside to disguise it.

I, too, wish to be loved in this way, to have parents that adore me, but I am an orphan.

"I found out what the Winston family did, seriously, it's a good thing you didn't marry his daughter, she already loves someone else, she'll never be for you, you deserve far more than her," his father said to him with a dimpled smile.

"Yes, I'm glad you didn't marry that Chic, she's a bloody gold-digger," his sister said with a smile that reached her eyes. "She's literally, so irritating, and trust me, you don't even know but she stole my lipsticks, with the excuse of trying them and never trying to return them, even she always used to eye my makeup stuff, whenever we meet her, that Sarah is nothing but a bloody gold-digger,"

"What! Sarah, did you do it? "His mother said as she raised her eyebrows at her daughter, who nodded.

"Who is she bro?" his sister said as she peered at me, and I gulped down, my throat feeling parched.

"Emberly, she is my wife," he told them.

"What," they all said as they exchanged glances.

His mother's head drew back quickly, furrowed brows looking at me, while his father smiled at me, reaching his eyes, and his sister stared at me, swaying slightly.

His mother approached me with a blank expression on her face, and I felt a sudden heaviness in my core.

What if she insults me?

"So, your name is Emberly," his mother said, and I nodded, a slight amount of perspiration building on my brow as I sensed her gaze scrutinizing me.

"You're with my son because he's a billionaire and the richest man on the planet," she said, frowning at my looks and asking, "Are you with him for his money?"

As I took a step back, I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

What gives her the right to think this way about me? She was completely unfamiliar with my existence.

"Ma'am, I'm not with your son for his money; I can take care of my own financial needs; I've never needed a man for that, trust me, and if you have this much trouble with me, you can ask your son; I wasn't the one who first proposed for marriage; it was your son," I said in one breath without pausing.

She chuckled again as she drew closer to me, her eyes twinkling.

I shook my head in condemnation of her actions.

I gasped a little when she hugged me so tightly.

I began to watch the wall in front of me, but my mind was unable to comprehend what was going on.

She took a step back, a real smile on her face.

"You are the perfect wife for my son; I am overjoyed that he finally married the right girl," she added, gesturing at her husband, who smiled and softly shook his head.

"W...what," I stuttered at her, wrinkled brows condemning me earlier, and now she suddenly acts as if I am so valuable to her.

She rubbed her hands through my hair. "I was testing you," she chirped, kissing my cheeks again, "and I saw the truth with virtue in your eyes while you are defending yourself from my harsh criticisms, which is apparent that you are the right wife for my son."

I looked at Adrain, who was gazing at me with an unidentified feeling in his eyes, yet they were warm, unlike his normal hard and lifeless stare.

He cleared his throat and returned to his study steps, saying, "I have an urgent meeting to attend, scuse me."

"I wonder if this man ever took a breath without work, how much work he did, didn't he also desire to take a break and live a bit," his sister whispered while rolling her eyes, but her eyes softened and she grinned at me as she quickly approached me and crushed me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Don't worry, Emberly is here now, and she will change him," his mother assured her as she rested her hand on my shoulder.

At her words, I held my breath. I don't believe I can change him; he already hates me and married for vengeance; he will never change for me.

Adrian's sister blabbers, "I like you, and I guess we're around the same age, and I'm so happy to spend time with you," as she grabs my hands and smiles.

"Me too," I answered, matching her beautiful grin.

"By the way, my name is Skylar, and I'm your husband's sister, but we're now sisters," she added, smacking her hands together.

"You may call me mom," his mother says with a Dimpled grin, "I'll be more than glad for it because you and Skylar are the same for me."

"Now we have two daughters," his father told his wife, hugging me tightly.

I'm not sure why, but this is the first time I've felt like someone knows me as if I were a member of their family, and my eyes welled up with tears.

His mother embraced me tightly while wiping away my tears.

"Why are you crying?" Skylar inquired as she massaged my back.

"N.....Nothing, it's just the first time I've felt like I have a family, I've never seen my birth parents since I was a youngster," I grinned as I leaned back in my chair, tears streaming down my face.

His mother remarked to me, "Adorable, sweetheart, don't ever say this again, we're your family now."

So, how is this chapter my beautiful readers, what do you all think about Adrian's family don't forget to tell me in the comments. please vote and share.