Chapter 15 Strange Feeling

I came to the mansion and I immediately went to the kitchen to get some water for myself, but before that, his voice made me freeze.

"Where have you been?" he asked while coming to the kitchen. I observed him. He was in his sweatpants but not wearing his shirt. He even has his protein shake, and sweat is glistening down from his perfectly chiselled chest. He must be in the gym.

"Just went to see my friend," I said while taking out a water bottle from the fridge.

"Your phone was also going to switch off."

"Oh, yes, it's the battery that died," I said while drinking water from a bottle.

I took a breather while drinking the water and gripped the bottle tightly.

Did he begin to care for me?

"I mean, mom and Skylar were concerned about you," he said, looking around but not into my eyes.

"I will take care of it next time," I said while biting my lip.

"Where are they?"

"They went for a dinner in the newly opened hotel."

"Oh," I exclaimed.

He went towards the couch in the living room, sat across from it, when his laptop

I sat there beside him, looking around.

Some minutes passed. I only heard the sound of the keys on his laptop. There is pure silence between us. He is busy on his laptop and I am doing nothing but sitting beside him.

I peeked at him. He was closing his laptop.

His work appears to be completed.

"You know, you are very lucky," I murmured while tilting my head back, looking straight into his eyes.

His eyes stopped at my face, "Why?"

"You have such a beautiful family who loves you more than anything; you have your mom and dad who love you so much; you are very lucky; you know, not everyone is as fortunate as you," I said, leaning back on the couch, smiling slightly and looking at him.

But there is a place for someone in your heart which no one will take," he said while looking at his hands. His eyes seemed so dull when he was talking about that'someone'.

It could be anyone.

I frowned and stared at him, but he went away from there without a single word.

I stared at his back going away from me. I don't love him, and it's not like we will stay with each other for our whole life. It's just a matter of some time, then he will divorce me as per our contract.

I shook my head and bit my lip to stop me from crying, and after a moment, I felt wetness on my cheeks.

I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes.

**************

I heard a feminine voice. I stirred in my sleep and slowly opened my eyes, as my head was feeling so light.

I saw Mom and Skylar, looking at me giggling.

"What happened to you? You were sleeping here. Go to my son's room; he must be waiting for you," Mom said, her brow furrowed.

"Mom," I said with a shake of my head.

I go into his bedroom; it's empty where he might be,

Why did I even care?

I lay on the floor but before I could sleep.

"Come to bed," his deep voice calls from behind me, making me jump.

I looked back at him.

He walked towards the bed and pulled away from his shirt, making him half-naked. I stared at his green God body. I felt my heartbeat getting quick as I observed every inch of his skin.

God, how will I live with the Greek God?

"I am fine," I said.

"I didn't ask you, it's my order," he said, looking straight into my eyes.

"I said I wasn't coming, so I'm not," I frowned.

His eyebrows furrowed as "you want me to carry you over the bed, and lay you there by myself. Did you forget last time?" he said calmly while standing

My throat felt so dry while my

The knees loosen and feel weak.

I quickly stood up and walked to the bed's edge, where I lay far away from him, his touch, sensation, and everything else that I adore.

Thank God his bed was kingsize.

I closed my eyes but opened them again when I felt something very soft touching my skin. It was a soft silk duvet over my waist. I looked beside me. It was Adrian who put a blanket over me.

*************

"Everything is ready, except that packet of lingerie in that suitcase," mom told the maid.

I bit my lip and peeked around and looked at all five large suitcases. Yes, Mom and Skylar packed five bags for my so-called honeymoon.

"Mom, this will be too much. I just can't." I huffed and sat on the bed looking at those bags.

Trust me, sweetie, all the things we put there are the ones you need most there." She giggled, and Skylar sat beside me. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Will miss you, sis," Skyler mumbled, and I smiled while wrapping my fingers around her arm.

"I will miss you and Mom too," I said while my head tilted slightly to the side.

"Aww, sweetie, don't worry. I am sure when you return from Paris there will be an improvement in your and Adrian's relationship," she said with prolonged eye contact with me.

"I just want my real Adrian back. I am his mother. I can't see my son. Like this. You remember your promise right?" she asked while taking hold of my hands.

I looked at the motor, expelling an audible breath.

"Mam, Mr. Campbell will join Mrs. Emberly on their private flight," Mr. Brant said to Mom.

While mom huffed and sighed heavily, "This boy, when will he learn that now he has a wife?" she looked at me and I shook my head and hugged her.

Looking at her and Skylar, I said with a dimpled smile.

Honestly said, I am relieved that he is not here with me as I don't have to face him now.

I just don't know what was happening with me the past few days, especially after he brought me here to this mansion. Whenever I thought about him, my heart started beating so fast. I always felt a strange hyper-awareness of my body whenever he was near me. These are very new feelings for me.

So, how is this chapter, my beautiful readers? I hope you all like it. Please tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote and share with your friends.