Chapter 17 City of lights

I smirked and added, "Let's place a bet."

He inquired, "What bet?"

I clapped my hands and exclaimed, "Let's play a game, you and me."

I placed the pizza and sandwiches in front of him and mumbled, "The game is."

I shook my head, "Let's see who finishes it first; the one who eats first wins the game."

He answered coldly, "I am not playing this silly game.

"I understand that you won't be able to defeat me in this game, so it's all right. This is impossible for you to accomplish. I was aware," I spoke firmly and loudly.

He flung his phone aside while scowling. "Okay, let's get going."

I grinned. He didn't even eat anything till now because he skipped breakfast this morning. I suppose

I joined him in devouring the pizza slice as he did.

He finally eats the entire meal with a sandwich, while I deliberately take my time eating my pizza.

He replied, peering into my eyes, "See, there's nothing Adrain Campbell can't accomplish," and I chuckled.

I drank my coffee and replied, "Yes, you are right."

************

I peered outside of this penthouse's window in the twilight.

Paris's nighttime cityscape is breathtaking. I long to be able to view the Eiffel Tower.

I sat on the bed after sighing.

I startle at the sound of the door opening.

Adrain had just entered the room, and I was fixated on him.

"Prepare yourself, then meet me downstairs. 15 minutes have passed "He replied, gazing at his Rolex timepiece.

Before I could say "But," he had already left. I scowled.

I hurried over to my bags and pulled on my white shirt, blue denim trousers, and slingback shoes. My ponytail is neatly pulled back.

I made it downstairs at last.

He was standing in the penthouse's living room.

He was dressed in black denim trousers, a leather jacket, and a white shirt. It's the first time I've seen him without his pricey Armani clothes.

I noticed that my breathing increased as soon as he cast a glance my way.

We entered his Audi after coming downstairs from the hotel.

We are currently in quiet drive since he avoided speaking to me, even though I don't particularly want to. He brought me here, he's got to keep me busy so I don't get lonely.

He stops in front of the place I've been yearning to see after an hour of travelling.

One can see the Eiffel Tower.

As I gazed at the Eiffel Tower, my eyes widened and I let out a little gasp.

Can't believe he finally got me to view the Eiffel tower, I whispered, "Y... you brought me here."

He sternly rebuked her, saying, "Don't deceive yourself, I simply did this because I promised my mum that I will keep you pleased with me."

I said, "Thank you, thank you," and at that moment, joy overcame me and I tightly around him.

His body was growing chilly to me. I stayed close to him but gradually backed away. I gently kissed him on the cheek while holding his face in my hands.