Chapter 27 Challenge

I came into the mansion and entered his bedroom.

I only want to just hug him so tightly. I want to embrace him and cry my heart out.

I used to hate him when he vowed revenge on me and treated me like shit when I came into this mansion to live with him, but now the only thing I want is him and only him because

I fell in love with him.

He was sitting on the couch, with a laptop over his lap. He was in a maroon sweatshirt and dark blue sweatpants.

"Adrian," I murmured, hugging him right away.

His body becomes stiff when our skin comes in contact with each other.

But, he wrapped his arms around me. After some seconds, I rested my head over his chest while sitting on his lap.

I don't know what feelings he has for me, but I know this, definitely that

I feel so safe and secure around him, as if it's the safest place for my broken soul.

Whenever he was around me, I felt like my broken, lonely soul was getting healed with new emotions, like I'd found my home.

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?" he asked while tucking strands of my hair behind my ear.

I shook my head and hugged him so tight. "Can I ask something from you, please?" I tightened my arms around him.

"Of course,"

"Can I hug you and sleep, please?" I wined

He stared into my eyes and nodded. We came towards bed, and I felt his arms around me first. While he made my head rest over his chest, I inhaled his manly cologne, making my instincts so light, a smile crept over my face.

************

Last night was the best night of my life, so I approached the bathroom and leaned against the wall.

It was the first time I hugged my husband and slept in his arms, and I remember how he held me while I slept and how safe I felt around him.

I don't know what relationship, what feelings he has for me, but I know that feeling was not hatred anymore.

I mean, now I can see warmth and softness in his eyes towards me, as he understands me more than I understand myself, and I'm in love with this feeling. It's the best feeling in the world.

You don't even know, Adrian, what you are doing to my little heart.

I kept my hand over the left side of my chest and looked down, giggling.

I quickly took a shower and changed into a simple white shirt with pyjama sweatpants and pulled my long black hair into a single braid,

I walked into the gym.

Yes, Adrian's beautiful mansion has an amazing gym. I've never been to the gym before because I've never had any money as my aunt doesn't even let me go to school properly. She always makes me miss my classes by keeping me busy with homemaking things, me cleaning their house, making dinner for them, and even though they have a washing machine, she makes me wash their clothes and bedsheets, curtains of the house, and door mates by my bare hands.

I sighed and, bounced back when I saw Adrian performing push-ups, he was shirtless and just in, short

Oh God

Stop eye raping him, "butted my inner voice."

"Shut up, you ugly one," I snapped at my inner voice.

"What, you love him, so what are you even waiting for? Just confess to him," my inner voice chirped.

I think I'll tell him another time because I'm scared as hell."

"Why are you afraid?" My inner self rolled her eyes at me.

Because I'm afraid that he might leave me after knowing that I'm in love with him,"

I shook my head, biting my lips and making fists with my hands.

"Good morning, Em," I said as my mother's voice echoed in my ears.

She pulled me into a tight hug.

"My beautiful daughter, I love you so much," she kissed my cheek.

"Good morning, Em." Skylar hugged me when mom pulled away.

I glanced at Adrian. He stopped doing his pushups when he noticed us. He stood up and took his towel to wipe his sweat and then took a sip of his protein shake.

Oh God, my surroundings felt so blurred now, like I was going to faint if I didn't look away.

I closed my eyes and looked away.

"Come on, let's do yoga now," mom said to Skylar and me.

"Good morning, son," mom said as she kissed his cheeks.

"Morning mom,"

"Bro, why don't you come and perform yoga with us?" Skylar asked while arranging her yoga mat.

"I don't want to do it. I am good with my gym. Girls are weaker, so they can't perform the gym exercises," he said coldly to her.

I folded my hands and said, "Excuse me, what made you think that girls are weaker, mister?" I glared at him while he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Okay, then let's have a challenge," Skylar announced, standing beside me glaring at Adrian.

"Challenge," he said.

"Push-ups challenge, between you and," she trailed, and finally her eyes stopped at me.

"And Emberly," she chirped.

I pressed my lips. Did she think that I could complete Adrian with the push-ups challenge?

Mom, Adrian, and Skylar looked at me. I closed my eyes, and my lips pressed together so hard.

Do it, Em. What's the harm in it? They're your best. It's a question for Skylar's word and trust for me, more than it's to break his typical male ego.

I accepted the challenge. Wait and watch. I went near to him, glaring at his eyes. His lips stretched a little. Again, he was smiling genuinely at me.

He is enjoying this moment.

"Twelve, third,..." I breathed hard while resting on the floor as Adrian completed his ninety-ninth one and my tongue came towards my side lips as my heart was beating so faster while my body felt so hot, like I was burning and my hands and legs felt so light.

"Are you alright, Em?" Mom stops me from doing more and helps me to sit.

Skylar handed me a water bottle, and my mother gently rubbed my back.

I nodded at Mom while gulping water at once.

"Don't drink it all at once, it'll choke your throat," Adrian said from behind me.

He came nearer to me. I smiled a little. It seemed like he started showing his care for me.

"You failed the challenge," he smirked, and my smile faded.

"Are you serious, Adrian? Just look at her condition, and you care about that useless challenge," Mom scolded him.

I gripped the bottle so hard while gritting my teeth.

I thought he had started to show his care for me, but I was freaking wrong. All he cared about was only his challenge.

All he cares about is his challenge. I don't like this thing.

"Never challenge me again," he said with a smirk, and I looked away from him.

I hate you for this.

Please vote and comment and tell me how you feel about this chapter, my sweet readers.