Chapter 30 Trauma

Adrian Pov

I hang up the phone and go down the stairs, saying, "I'm going there."

My Mom's voice causes me to pause at my house, "Adrian."

When I glanced around, my sister Skylar and my father were with her.

Mom soon approaches and quickly wraps her arms around me; I felt moisture on my shoulder.

Why is mom crying, though? I pulled away from her and brushed away her tears as I looked at Skylar and noticed that Dad was also looking very dejected. His eyes were swollen, too.

Mom shook her head and put her hand over her forehead, saying, "Skylar told me everything about what happened with Em, that poor girl went through worse." Dad rushed over and gave her a big embrace while gently massaging her back.

I nodded in approval as Dad remarked, "Son, I can't even fathom that something this dreadful could happen to a good-hearted girl like Emberly."

Even though I'm still in disbelief, I realise that she's really able to control this much suffering, dad. Skylar asks me, "So, what are you going to do now?"

I informed them, "I'm going to meet her brother; he must have known everything about her."

Dad nodded at me as Mom turned to face me, her eyes flashing.

Mom told me, "Yes, Adrian, you should go there. It's so critical for us to understand the suffering she endured so that we may provide her the happiness she so richly deserves. I just want to embrace her so desperately."

I examined my family and thought how fortunate I am to have them in my life—not only now, but ever since I was a kid. I now respect and appreciate my parents and my adorable little sister much more than before because of how supportive and upbeat they are.

Mom nodded at me as dad continued, "Come, I have something to discuss to you about you and Emberly, you should first go meet her brother, then when you will come back, we will discuss."

***********

My knuckles grew white as I drove the car along the highway.

I'm curious to learn everything there is to know about Emberly, including everything she underwent, her experiences, her emotions, and her former anxieties.

Asher, her brother, was waiting for me when I arrived at the club. My PA had just told me that he had been trying to contact me for months, but I had been consistently denying his requests to meet because I hated him for being a part of the marriage hoax that had betrayed me.

When she betrayed me, all I wanted to do was punish Emberly and ruin her life, but now that I've changed, I no longer have the same animosity for her and her brother since none of them did anything wrong—especially Emberly, who was just unintentionally drawn into that disaster.

He was seated at one of the bar counters and tapping his leg when I turned to face him.

I move in his direction.

He was savouring his beer.

The bartender nodded at me, indicating that I always order my usual as I sat next to him.

When Asher turned to face me, he scowled deeply as if something were wrong.

"So you agreed to my request to meet with you," he continued.

I struggle not to panic, just the image of my wife Em, being tortured makes my blood boil. "I accepted It because I want to know, everything about Emberly, and why her uncle used to torture her, what she has gone through, everything,"