Chapter 12 Lashing out

Song for the chapter- Playing with Fire by Blackpink

It's fine, Mom; we don't have to do everything.

While mom, Skylar, and I are headed to Adrian's aunt's party, Mrs. Voilet Locason, who is Adrian's father's sister, I murmured while tucking in my upper lip.

Skylar placed her hand over my shoulder and whispered, "Trust me, Emberly, you will thank us later."

I examined myself in the mirror; I am dressed in a pink off-shoulder prom gown with a deep cut that highlights my cleavage and a little cut from my lower thigh that accentuates my left thigh; mom and Skylar are also dressed elegantly in expensive gowns.

We walked into a posh hotel where the party was being hosted.

I observed a lot of people here, women trailing in their costly dresses, guys in suits, some even smoking, and waiters rushing about with appetizers and refreshers.  It's like a typical family party, with kids running around and bumping into servers.

Then, an attractive woman with long brown hair and dressed in a yellow extravagant gown approached us; I assumed she was Adrian's cousin if Mom didn't recognize her as a sister-in-law; she is Adrian's father's aunt; I almost confused her for just an Italian supermodel.

"Aubrey, it's been a long time since I've seen you," she remarked to mum in her entrancing sweet voice.

"Indeed," mum answered, while aunt turned towards Skylar and wrapped her arms around her. "My daughter, how is my doll?" she said, touching Skylar's hair.

"I am amazing, aunt, how are you?" Skylar said. Her attention then shifted to mine.  With a tilted head, she looked at mom.

Mom reached out and placed her arms over my shoulder.

"My daughter-in-law, Adrian's wife Emberly," she smiled as she introduced me to aunt.

Aunt's eyes widened and she let out a little gasp. "Adran's wife," she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me, kissed my cheeks, and embraced me lovingly.

"Oh my goodness, finally I meet you," Aunt remarked, her eyes squinting as she held my hand and grinned at me.

"Let's introduce her to our family,"  Aunt said to mum, and she nodded ahead.

Wow, Adrian's entire family is really welcoming and friendly, and they all come from a high and privileged backgrounds.

Mom said, "Where is 'Ethan,' Violet?"

  "Who is Ethan," I murmured to Skylar.

"He's Aunt Violet and Uncle Phil's son," she said as she looked around for someone.

Aunt remarked, "Here he is," and I looked at the counter.

A extremely attractive man of Adrian's age stood at the bar counter while he sipped his drink, which the bartender had prepared for him.

Mom and Aunt moved over to a group of ladies, while Sylar escorted me over to that guy.

Looking at her, I drew my brows together.

Skylar hugged him and asked, "How is my handsome brother?" He promptly hugged her back.

"How are you doing, my little sister?" he said, kissing her on the forehead.

"Amazing as always," she guffawed.

Then his eyes locked on mine, and I felt my cheeks heating up as a result of his stare.

"She's Adrian's wife," Skylar remarked, her face brightening as she placed her arms over my arms.

He gives me a warm grin and his eyes twinkle as he looks at me.