Chapter 37 Let it out

Adrian POV

I gripped the steering wheel so hard in my car while going towards that place.

Skylar told me that that fucker bastard uncle ran away from jail and he called Emberly to meet him. He even said something to her which made her furious too.

Why the hell did Emberly go there? Yes, I want to make her fearless, but not this time. It's different than that bastard uncle and aunt of hers. I don't trust them.

I drove my car in a rash as I wanted to be there as soon as possible. I won't be able to tolerate it if they hurt her. I can't afford to lose her.

Not at any cost. I can't tolerate it if even a hair of her body hurts. I will kill them.

Since when she became this special to me, I used to hate her when I had to know that she was in Sarah Winston's place as a bride at a wedding.

I thought that she was a gold-digger, an opportunist, and a betrayer. That's why I hurt her when she came into my mansion.

How wrong I was about her. She's an angel indeed. I will never be able to forgive myself if she's hurt.

It's all my mistake. I should have never allowed her to go out of the mansion until I was taking care of that bastard uncle of hers's matter. The cops already told me in the morning that he ran away from the jail.

After meeting with her brother that day, I called my lawyers to charge all the penalties related to attempt to murder, rape, mental torture, and physical violence against her uncle and his family.

I destroyed them, but this morning's cops told me that he ran away from the jail. I should have known that he'd try to harm Emberly, my wife, my first and last love.

Yes, she's my love, my first love.

She healed me, healed me from all the pain and misery I've felt. Melissa was nothing but a temporary attraction for me. What's true love is I understood only after Emberly. I felt pain and my heart felt like it would stop beating just with the thought of something bad going to happen with Emberly. That day when I saw her with my cousins, I have to admit I was jealous. I couldn't see any other man touching her. I've never felt these emotions before for someone, not even for Melissa but only for Emberly.

She's my savior.

Finally, I reached that place and stormed out of my car.

I dashed into the building and clenched my hands into fists. Emberly was throwing none-stop fists over that bastard uncle of hers' face, and he was literally bleeding, and Grayson was standing beside her, glaring at her uncle.

I have proof that Emberly even touched that jerk.

Suddenly, I heard the siren of the cop's car.

Grayson looked in the direction of the door and his eyes stopped.

I quickly approached them.

"You bastard, you dare to take the name of my parents from the filthy mouth of yours," Emberly hissed.

My eyes widened when I saw.

She had a bruise on her head, even blood was coming from her head, but she didn't care. All she wanted was to let all her anger, which was nurtured since her childhood, let out on him, who deserved it.

I quickly took hold of her arm and dragged him towards me.

I grabbed her wrists, determined not to let go.

Never, I'm and never will be letting her go away from me.

"Leave me," she cried out. Soon the cops came too.

"Take her home, Adrian, I will take care of this," Grayson told me while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Grayson, for being there with her," I nodded, but Emberly tried to uphold her wrist away from my hold.

She screamed while crying, "I will kill you, you bastard, you tortured me, you..." she fell down on the floor clutching her face. Her long black curly hair covered her face.

The cops are taking him away from the building, handcuffing him.

I sat on my knees at her level as she was crying hysterically.

I took hold of her hand, pulled it away from her face, and wrapped my arms around her petite frame.

I ran my hair on my hair, as she was crying continuously, as her face was buried in my chest.

But, I'm not telling her to stop. Sometimes it's good to cry, to let all your pain, feelings, and trauma let out from your heart through tears. Because this is and will be the last time she cries. From today, I'll make sure that no one will hurt her, only happiness and love she deserves and she will get that too from today. I'll make sure of that.

Finally, I kissed her forehead when I felt the voice of her cries get faint.

I tucked the strands of her black hair behind her ear.

Her eyes were closed. I quickly carried her in bridal style.

Hello, dear readers; in this chapter, Emberly can finally vent all of her frustrations, which she has felt since childhood, on the deserving person.

Please vote, comment, and share.