Chapter 14 Sad Reality

I came out of the mansion and went towards the bus station. If I want, I can use that expensive, luxurious car.

Adrain has but I remember when I was about to join his office, he warned me not to take anyone's help as he wanted to take revenge on me and wanted to torture me.

I also don't understand why I made that promise to Mom. It's completely meaningless that I will change Adrian, because he will never in this whole life fall for me, and I think I am the last person expected on this earth to change him. I just don't know why Mom and Skylar think that I am the only one who can change him.

I have no idea why he acts like that when he brings me to his mansion and he is missing me and touching every inch of my skin. I felt so good like I had never felt like this before. I felt safe and it feels like someone wants me to. I never felt like that when my uncle used to touch me in a bad way. I felt disgusted. But Adrian, when he was touching me, I felt like his touch was melting every inch of my body with my heart.

I felt the bus getting bumped with a speed breaker, making me jolt from my thoughts.

I took a long breath, and finally, the bus stopped at my stop.

I quickly got off of the bus and looked at the cafe where Mrs.Glide worked.

Oh sorry, I mean Bernice,

Since the day when I got married to Adrian, I actually went there to deliver the order of a customer and I closed my eyes while breathing in and out excessively, trying my best not to think about that incident anymore.

Whatever happens, is bound to happen. Neither I nor anyone else can change it, but I can make sure that those people who think of me as their family don't get hurt because of me.

I opened the door and entered a cafe.

I could feel soreness in my eyes that filled with tears. Breathing slowly, I made my way and again the aroma of fresh coffee with delicious pastries touched my nostrils, making my tummy flutter.

Suddenly, on my first day here looking for a job, it came in front of me. I closed my eyes.

When I heard Sky's voice, I quickly opened my eyes; Sky is a delivery boy for this cafe and a true sweetheart to me.

I quickly turned around and he quickly approached me and wrapped his arms around me so tightly that it cut my breath supply.

"Where have you been, idiot? Do you have any idea how worried Mrs.Glide and everyone were for you?" he asked, slamming the food tray down on the table and frowning at me.

"I apologize; I know I bugged you all so much," I said sheepishly.

"You don't even know what we were all going through when we weren't able to find you," he said to me.

"I know," I said, staring at the floor as long strands of my hair fell over my face, hiding my tears.

"Oh, by the way, how are you? You had diarrhea last time," I inquired.

I remember he had diarrhea, that's why he was on leave, and Mrs. Glide asked me to deliver those cookies to him, and then I went to deliver them then....... I shook my head to block my mind from thinking about that incident.

He frowned and tilted his head backward.

"What are you saying? I never have diarrhea. Mrs. Glide herself gives me a half-day holiday, and I went to a movie with my friends," he uttered, looking at me.

I felt my blood freezing in my veins. I looked at him, blinking rapidly.

What the actual fuck is happening?