Chapter 33 Heartbreak

Emberly POV

"Your Nan is so incredible, she's so amiable, and you know, when she was chatting with me, I felt like I was talking to a friend of the same age as mine," As we were wandering inside our penthouse, I started rambling.

Adrian was grinning, simply staring at me and patiently listening to what I had to say.

He said, "I know," and tucked a hair strand behind my ear.

**************

 I took in the stunning scenery of Santorini, where the majesty blue water makes me feel as like I'm walking on clouds.

I took a deep breath of the clean air and thought, "This is heaven, for sure."

You will love Greece, Adrian said as he grinned and turned to face me.

I grabbed him passionately, saying, "I absolutely love Santorini, thank you very much for bringing me here."

He embraced me, and I gave him a hug in return.

I exclaimed, "Wow, look at that," and hurried to the beach. I grabbed a handful of the chilly water and rubbed it all over my face.

When the gentle fresh water reached my feet and was chilly, I shook.

"Ugh, this is so good," I moaned and knelt down once more, taking the water in my palm and rubbing it over my face.

I turned to face Adrian and gave him a cursory look before sprinkling him with water.

He shouted, "What the heck," and turned to face me.

I chuckled and put my hand in the water, saying, "What, hubby don't be so boring, and cranky appreciate these small things in you're want."

"You can't simply be wasting your time like this, invest it in practical things if you want to succeed in life," he urged.

I exhaled, closed my eyes, and loudly said, "But there's nothing wrong with feeling these tiny things in your life, it refreshes our mind."

He stands by me and says, "You know, I'm really delighted that your mind is now freshened up, with new mood."

My legs abruptly hung upward as I uttered "Yeah," but I swiftly came to a stop.

My gaze paused at the scar on the inside of my upper arm. My uncle had nearly sexually assaulted me that day, and he also gave me this haunting automobile.

Unknown liquid touches my lips and emerges on my cheeks.

Adrian gently brushed my tears away with his thumb, pleading with me not to cry.

"No, I'm not alright, and I'm aware that I never will be; no one cares for me; no oneWhy is everyone so hostile toward me?

I started to scream uncontrollably, flinging my fists, but Adrian grabbed my wrist and gave me a hug while stroking my hair.

He sighed and said, "I'm sorry, I know how it feels when you're in great agony."

I hiccuped and in the next second, he grabbed my face and kissed me very softly as if I were a fragile leaf, his lips were so gentle but passionate. He said, "I want to know how it feels to be loved by someone, how it feels when someone was there to take care of you, to make you feel secure."

He finally backed away and placed his head on mine.

I said quietly, "Promise me you'll never leave me."

And I can sense how eager my heart is to "become his" and claim him as "my" forever in these sentences since they are written from the bottom of my heart.