Chapter 21 Don't Care

"Aww, you look so amazing," Skylar said while looking at me from head to toe with a dimpled smile.

"Skylar, this dress is too revealing," I said to her while looking at myself in the mirror.

I am wearing a very short red dress which is strapless and stops just below my upper thigh, with my long dark black hair open and cascading from my back, which is curled by a hair curling machine, and Skylar is wearing a pink short strapless dress almost the same as mine except for the colours of our dresses are different.

"This will be perfect in this dress," Skylar said while applying Sieran in Scarlett shade over my lips.

While she applied romantic pink over her lips,

"Skylar, why are you going there?" I asked her.

"Come on, Em, live your life a little. I want you to enjoy your life like I do," she said as she took my hand in her Gucci bag.

"You remember last time we went shopping? We bought that Prada bag for you. That will be a perfect match with your dress," she chided while going to the closet of the bedroom and bringing that white Prada bag.

"Come, let's go to live our life," she chirped, and I smiled, shaking my head at her behavior.

She is the best person I ever met. I never had a sister before, but I think if I had, then she might be like Skylar.

We sat in a Mercedes Benz while going to a party pub to have a night out.

I don't want to come, but she is so desperate to take me with her, saying that now she and I are partners in crime.

We sat in her Mercedez Benz, going to the pub.

As we arrived there, I saw a long line of guys and girls of the same age as us, waiting to get inside.

After parking the car, Skylar grabbed my hand and we went towards it. I went towards the line, but Skylar's voice interrupted me.

"What are you doing?" she asked me while tilting her head backward.

"Um, in line," I said.

"It's okay, we do need to wait in it; we will go through VIP gate," she winked and dragged me along with her.

Oh my God, how can I forget they are billionaires? They don't need to wait in line like normal people.

"Sorry," I mumbled, following her.

She chuckled, "Don't worry, you know you're so cute," she said while we came inside the club from the VIP gate as guards immediately opened the door upon seeing her.

I saw many guys looking at Skylar with a lustful gaze as she looked very beautiful, and don't forget the dress she is wearing barely covers her thighs, same as I was wearing.

I felt goosebumps when I noticed other guys were also looking at me with the same desire.

While drawing my mouth into a straight line and biting my lip, I tried to remain straight-faced. I didn't want to get noticed by them or any other men present here.

Adrian's POV

I finished my meeting with my business associates.

"So, the deal is final, next month, Mr. Anderson." I shook my hand with him.

Suddenly, my phone rang, and a notification came.

It's of Skylar. She is live on Instagram partying in the club.

It's her daily routine: partying

But, I felt a heavy feeling in my stomach when I saw what was happening in that video.

I also saw that Embedly was also there with Skylar in the club. She was wearing a red dress which was barely covering her thighs. I felt myself getting aroused just looking at my wife.

Her long hair was curled and her lips pursed. I quickly looked away, trying my best not to think about Emberly.

I quickly put away my phone and grabbed the file of upcoming projects.

I am reading and keeping myself busy. I just want to distract myself.

She can do whatever she wants; I don't care; she's no one for me. Yes, last night, I understood her; it's not her fault that her brother and Winston did what they did; she's just stuck in this mess, and I'm an asshole who is making her suffer for a crime she didn't commit.

But, somewhere I felt it was good that Sarah ran away with Emberly's brother. I never wanted to marry Sarah. It's just a business deal for me, but Emberly's sister.

I think since the day she came into my life, I felt like now I am what I am. In real life now I started feeling emotions around me. I started finding happiness around me.

Now, I'm starting to feel happy.

I feel like now I am Adrian, which I used to be before I met Meghan.

I used to be madly in love with her, but now I have realised that she is not what I thought. She is a gold digger. I never wanted to be with her.

I am nothing without Meghan. She was nothing but an attraction for me at that time. I was naive at that time. I used to think it was love. She is a gold digger, manipulating woman.

When I first met Emberly, I used to think the same about him, but now

I realised she is not what I used to be, but still, I can't fall for Emberly.

I just don't want to think about her. I know she is my wife, but I don't want to feel her, her sorrows, her happiness, her pain.

It felt like everything I connected to me was from her.

It's not like Emberly is the most beautiful girl I saw. I dated and enjoyed more beautiful women than Emberly.

But, the only thing which makes me feel attracted towards Emberly is the connection I feel with her.

Strange

Like, if I meet someone for the first time, they feel like strangers to me, not only me but to any normal person, but Emberly, my heart accepts her since I saw her first. I hate that she is affecting me this much. Why do I never want to hurt her.

I clutched the appearance of the file so tightly.

Will she be dancing with other men in the club, having a good time with him?

I frowned and closed my eyes, keeping my gaze away from the file I was reading; actually, I was thinking about Emberly.

Stop it, Adrian. Don't think about Emberly. She is nothing. Let her do whatever she wants to. Why do you care? It's her life. Her choice. I do fuckling care. in whatever you want to do, Emberly.

So, how is this chapter, my sweet readers? Do you all like Adrian pov and his feelings for Emberly?

Please comment and tell me, and please vote and share.

I know this time his pov is small, but the next chapter will be in Adrian pov.