CHAPTER - 14 : THE CORONATION OF ASHWATTHAMA

After Arjun defeated Drupad, the latter apologized to both Drona and the Pandavs for trying to capture them. He admitted that he got blinded by his love for his eldest daughter and wanted to help fulfill the purpose of her life and his family's feud with Bheeshm might have also added fuel to the fire. He apologized to the princes for being cruel to them but said he was also impressed by their valor. Both Karn and Drona were filled with pride hearing it. Soon, all of them made way to Drupad's palace and the preparations for Ashwatthama's coronation began. Drona ordered that it was mandatory for the Kauravs to come to Rajyabhishek.

When the day of coronating Ashwatthama finally arrived, the preparations were already done and everyone were eagerly waiting for the event to take place except for Kauravs who wanted to just leave. Drupad himself has happily coronated Ashwatthama as the king of half of Panchal. It was during the coronation ceremony did Arjun saw Draupadi for the first time and when the latter felt his gaze on her and looked at him, she immediately looked away, a blush forming on her face. The same could be said about Arjun too who blushed upon looking at her, but kept stealing glances at her throughout the entire time. Karn noticed this and smirked, mockingly glaring at Arjun, telling him to concentrate on the ceremony. 

The ceremony almost came to an end when everyone in the Rajyasabha heard a pair of footsteps walking inside making them look at the entrance. Karn's eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the person while everyone else except Drona looked at the person questioningly, not knowing who that person is. 

Karn immediately walked towards the person, joining his hands together in respect and Drona did the same.

"Pranipat Gurudev" said Karn looking both happy and confused at his teacher, but touched his feet, seeking his blessings.

Bhagavan Parashuram blessed him and then looked at Drona. The Pandavs  looked at them with wide eyes, realizing who that person is. The two teachers- Drona and Parashuram shared a look. 

Karn noticed that Parashuram looked troubled and asked "What's wrong Gurudev? Is something troubling you?"

"That's because I have come across such circumstances, Putra. They left me wondering what should I do. Should I seek your help or just let it be?" replied Parashuram.

"What kind of circumstance is it Gurudev? Whatever it is, I will definitely do what you want me to do" replied Karn and Duryodhan rolled his eyes at that. 

"Are you sure, Putra?" asked Parashuram.

"Just order me Gurudev. What is it that you want me to do?" asked Karn.

"In the east, sharing its borders with Magadh there's a place called Anga. You must have heard about it before" said Parashuram and Karn nodded hearing him.

"Once upon a time, it used to be a peaceful place. Though it did not have a ruler, people prospered there. But as time went on, the Asurs also started visiting the place and soon made it their home, tormenting everyone and everything that lived there. Their ways are barbaric and the people there need help. They are not allowed to leave the kingdom and nobody from outside were able to save them because of the rules made by the Asur that is ruling that place currently. His name is Angasur, named after the place he is ruling" said Parashuram.

Karn nodded hearing him.

"I need you to save those people from Angasur" said Parashuram.

"People are being held as prisoners in their own home" muttered Karn, his thoughts filled with what his Guru told him.

"We will forge a plan immediately to bring the people out of the Kingdom" said Yudhishthir.

"No. I don't want the people to give up their homes" said Parashuram confusing everyone.