CHAPTER - 35 : INSULT

"Angraj?" questioned Isha, looking at Karn who was standing by the entrance of the chambers.

Karn himself looked quite uncomfortable after Isha spotted him, realizing that the chamber is filled with women and he was the only man there. Though he couldn't stray his eyes from Isha when he saw her singing and dancing. Kind of understanding his plight, Isha walked towards him and he sighed in relief.

"Rajkumari, do you mind coming out for a moment please?" asked Karn and Isha nodded in response.

The two of them walked away from the chamber, away from any watchful eye.

"This" said Karn showing Isha a scroll.

A few moments earlier:

Arjun was groveling in the common chamber that the six brothers had, not talking to anyone, not listening to anyone, just sitting and groveling with a pout on his face. That was how Karn found him while the remaining four brothers snickered looking at each other.

 "What now? Why are behaving like that? Vivaah hone vali hain tumhari aur tum ho ki bacchon ki tarah vyavhaar kar rahe ho" said Karn, looking at Arjun.

(You're getting married and here you are, acting like a kid.)

With a pout, Arjun forwarded a scroll to Karn who took it and was about to open, but stopped when Arjun exclaimed "No!"

"Don't open it, Jyesht! It's for Rajkumari Draupadi" he added.

"What is this?" asked Karn.

"Prem Patr, Jyesht!" howled Nakul with laughters and soon the remaining joined him, except for Karn and Arjun.

(Love letter, elder brother!)

"Jyesht, I don't know what you're going to do, but Rajkumari Draupadi should receive this letter by the end of the day" declared Arjun like a petulant child, folding his hands in front of him, puffing up.

Karn threw the letter back at Arjun and said "Go, give it yourself."

"I would, but Mathashree is not letting me leave the chambers! And my remaining brothers - I either don't trust them enough to not read the letter or I don't think they'll be able to make sure that Draupadi receives this letter. That's why Jyesht, I'm reaching out to you. Please do this for me, your favorite brother!" begged Arjun.

A nerve started ticking in Karn's forehead, in annoyance and Karn glared at Arjun while Arjun looked back at Karn expectantly. Karn heaved out a sigh.

"Fine, I'll do it. But you owe me big time, because I all the women are celebrating and I'll kind of have to barge there alone" said Karn.

"Deal!" grinned Arjun.

Present time:

"Parth requested me to give this letter to Rajkumari Draupadi. Now I can't just barge in there and give this to her. It's going to cause a scene. That's why I was waiting for either you or Bhanumati to show up so that I can give this to you and you can give it to Rajkumari Draupadi" explained Karn.

Isha raised an eyebrow in response and took the scroll, opening it.

"Parth said not to open it!" exclaimed Karn.

"He'll be fine" said Isha, opening the scroll and started reading it, saying "Let's see what he wrote."

My Dearest Draupadi,

Your smile makes my heart laugh, and your laughter adorns my life like the blossoming of flowers. Since our first meeting, my heart beats only for you. In your eyes, there is a sparkle that outshines the stars, and your laughter tickles my heart. Without your smile, my day is incomplete, and with it, every moment becomes a celebration. Your presence is like a soothing melody that plays in the background of my life, making each day more beautiful. I feel blessed to have you as my companion in my life, and I will cherish every moment we are going to spend together. Missing you dearly.