CHAPTER 21 : VAMOOSE

Duryodhan angrily turned to look at the person who stopped him and was met with a furious Karn.

"Duryodhan, what in the world do you think you are doing?!" exclaimed a furious Karn.

His eyes and face were red with anger seeing which even Isha got scared. Duryodhan stumbled over his words, looking at Karn.

"Bh- bhr- bhratha Karn! This woman! First she threw herself over me and then started insulting me when I refused her" said Duryodhan, glaring at Isha.

Isha's face immediately morphed into one of anger and she exclaimed "Lies! He's speaking lies, Yuvraj! I would rather jump off a cliff than throw myself over a guy! Yuvraj, I did no such thing! I was just walking to my room when Rajkumar Duryodhan started misbehaving with me."

Karn glared at Duryodhan "Duryodhan, there's no use in speaking lies. I have seen what you did. You have truly crossed all your limits! Apologize to her. Right now, before you make a bigger scene!"

Duryodhan scowled hearing Karn's words and looked at Isha who was already fuming.

"I apologize for what I did, Devi" gritted out Duryodhan and stomped away from there with a bruised ego.

Karn sighed in annoyance looking at Duryodhan's retreating figure. He then looked at Isha, who immediately turned and stomped off angrily from there, before Karn could utter a word. Upon entering her chamber, Isha closed the doors, climbed the bed and cried herself into sleep.

***** 

When the next day arrived, many were surprised to learn that Duryodhan has left abruptly. Many except for three people - Isha, Karn and of course Lord Krishna. With what happened the previous night, Isha was still distressed and clearly feeling too low to be participating in the wedding ceremonies with the wedding taking place that night. Isha couldn't find it in herself to tell Draupadi what happened the other night, not wanting to bring her sister's mood down who was eagerly waiting to see the wedding since that was the first wedding she was seeing since she was born.

Isha was still in her room, moping around when a Dasi came and announced "Yuvraj Karn requests to meet you Kumari."

Isha frowned hearing her but nodded, letting her know that Karn was allowed to enter her chambers.

As soon as Karn entered her chambers, he greeted her "Pranipat Devi Meenakshi."

Isha too greeted him back "Pranipat Angraj."

Karn smiled hearing her and said "It's going to take a lot of time for me to get used to that name."

Isha smiled tightly hearing him.

"How are feeling today, Devi?" asked Karn.

Isha shrugged in response.

Karn sighed and said "What happened yesterday shouldn't have happened at all. I sincerely apologize for Duryodhan's actions" pressing his hands together.

Isha frowned at him "You don't need to apologize for what he did, Angraj. You are not at fault here" looking away from him, feeling weird seeing him apologizing to her.

"I know. But I still feel responsible. He shouldn't have done that" said Karn.

"I understand. But please stop apologizing. I feel embarrassed" said Isha, looking down at her feet.

Karn dropped his hands to his sides and smiled at her. 

"Well, if you want me to stop apologizing, then you have to start participating in the rituals. People are starting to wonder where you were" said Karn.

"And Vanditha is also asking about you. She's missing you" he jested.

Isha immediately rolled her eyes and then giggled.

"I for one, know for sure that Vanditha will rather I do not attend her wedding at all, for whatever reason. But yeah, I'll start participating in the rituals. You don't have to worry about that" chuckled Isha.

"Well, in that case, why don't we go now?" suggested Karn.

Isha nodded her head with a gentle smile and the two of them walked towards the place where the rituals were being held.

As soon as they went there, Lord Krishna was quick to meet them. One look at him and Isha immediately knew that he knew what happened the previous night. He gently patted her head and cheek and even sneaked a bowl with rasmalais to her.

"Cheer up, my Mayu! We are going to do some masti, after all" said Krishna with a playful wink.

And by masti, he meant pranking the groom endlessly and teasing the bride whenever he can and he did just that, if not more.

Soon, it was time for the wedding and everyone slowly reached the mandap after getting ready. Everything was so beautiful and the wedding was eventful. A certain Suryaputra was unable to take his eyes off of a certain princess whom he thought was not a princess and whenever she caught his glance, she looked away with blush forming on her cheeks.

*****

A woman was in deep penance since a long time. Her face was divine, gentle and radiant and she looked so peaceful with nature surrounding her. She has been doing this penance since a long time and finally her prayers were answered. She slowly opened her eyes with a small smile on her face, feeling the presence of the Goddess - not physically but through the nature since the Goddess is formless. She is truly the creator, preserver and the destroyer.

"Parvati" called the formless goddess and Goddess Parvati smiled in response.

"I am pleased with your prayers, Parvati. Tell me, what is it that you wish for?" asked the Goddess.

Goddess Parvati smiled "Hey Matha Adiparashakti. I am forever grateful that you have blessed me with your presence. I have no need for materialistic things neither do I wish for any power. I wish to have you as my own child. I know I am asking a lot from you. So, if it is not possible, then give me a daughter who is your ansh and possesses all your qualities."

"Tathastu! Very soon, you will be blessed with a daughter who is my ansh and possesses all my qualities" said Goddess Adiparashakti.

Hearing that, Goddess Parvathi was elated, her happiness having no bounds

---------

Hi everyone! That is chapter 21! Hope you guys like it! I know it's kind of small but I felt like this was supposed to end this way. 

And yes I know a lot of people might argue with me regarding Goddess Parvati and Goddess Adiparashakti but I was told that the tridev and tridevis were born from or created by Adiparashakti and I have also seen sourced that backed this information, so I'm going to use it here. Apologies in advance is this has offended anyone.

Thank you so much for all the love, support and feedback I keep getting! Thank you so much and keep them coming! Thank you so much guys! You guys are the best! Love you all!