CHAPTER - 33 : NO RECOLLECTION

Isha was grumbling all the way and went into a hut to put the flute in it's allocated place and kept grumbling and mumbling when she exited the hut and walked towards the woman who was cooking some food outside the house.

"Kya hua vats? Tum itne vichilith kyu ho?" asked the woman while looking at Isha fondly.

(What happened dear? Why are you so distracted?)

Isha looked at the woman with a frown and started "Voh Matha, baat yeh hain ki-" and told her everything that happened earlier.

(Mother, what happened is-)

"What does he think about himself?! Who misbehaves like that? He looks like a handsome and a well educated, a well-mannered and a well-versed man and then he goes behaving like that!" grumbled Isha while gently pushing the woman to the side and started cooking herself.

"So you think he's handsome?" teased the woman.

Isha scowled at her immediately "I have been rambling about everything and anything and you've only gotten that one point out of all of that?!"

The woman chuckled at the younger girl's antics and smiled, but then her smile slowly faded as her mind kept jumping from one thought to another. Just then, the man in dreadlocks walked towards the hut - towards them, and with him came Karn. Isha, who smiled looking at the man immediately frowned when her gaze landed on Karn. The woman who was with her smiled looking at the two men and walked towards both the men with glasses of water.

"Swami, kaun hain yeh?" asked the woman, offering the glass of water to the man who took it with a smile.

(Husband, who is he?)

The couple shared a knowing smile, but the man said "Yeh? Yeh toh-...." but trailed off.

(He? He is-...)

"Yeh toh mainey pucha hi nahin, Gauri" he added a moment later, as if he was thinking.

(I haven't asked him about it, Gauri)

The woman smiled at him and then looked at Karn, walking towards him while he stood there awkwardly.

As soon as she stood in front of him, Karn joined his hands together and wished her "Pranipat Matha."

(Greetings mother (mother-like))

"Kalyan ho putra. Jal" she said, offering the water to him, which he took.

(Blessings son. Water)

"Tumhara parichay kya hain, vats?"

(Who are you dear?)

"Mera naam Karn hain, Matha."

(My name is Karn, mother)

"Dikhne mein toh kisi rajya ka rajkumar jaise dikh rahe ho. Is van main kya kar rahe ho?"

(You look like a prince of some kingdom. What are you doing in this forest?)

Karn was about to speak, but the older man beat him to it, saying "Yeh yahaan par humare Isha ke liye aya hain."

(He came here for our Isha.)

Isha who was stirring some dal in the pot stilled hearing him and immediately turned around, looking at the three of them. Suddenly all the attention was on Karn who was staring at Isha.

"Paranthu kyu, Swami?" asked the woman.

(But why, husband?)

"He claims that Isha is his family member who got attacked by an assailant, a few days ago, Gauri. He is here to take her back with him, but our Isha doesn't seem to recognize him at all" said the man.