CHAPTER - 18 : VIDARBHA

"Now pull the string till your ear, make sure that the head of the arrow is pointing in the right direction" told Krishna and Isha complied, her entire focus was on processing each and every word that Krishna told her.

A few days ago, Isha was venturing when she saw a couple of soldiers practicing archery under Krishna's guidance. She immediately went towards him and expressed her desire to learn archery, asking him if he could teach her and Krishna happily obliged. They have been at that since that day. 

After meeting the Pandavas at the temple, the five of them together explored more of Dwaraka with Arjun getting more and more smitten with Draupadi and vice versa. Karn was entranced by Isha which was clearly noticed by Krishna who kept clearing his throat regularly to break Karn's gaze from Isha. It went to the point that even Arjun noticed it while Isha remained oblivious, her curious glances took everything in interest. 

"Now aim at that mango in that mango tree. You have to get the mango without damaging it" said Krishna, jerking his chin towards the direction of the said mango that was hanging on one of the branches of the mango tree. 

Isha did as she was told.

"Now tell me, what do you see?" asked Krishna.

"Just the stalk of the mango, Bhratha" replied Isha, aiming at the mango.

Krishna smiled hearing her and said "Good. Now shoot!" and Isha did as she was told. 

The arrow surged forward towards the direction of the mango.

*****

Karn, Arjun and Bheem were walking through the fields, enjoying the weather. Arjun aw a few fruits and whenever he wanted to eat them, Bheem plucked them off before him and devoured them. It went to the point where Arjun started whining whenever Bheem ate a fruit that Arjun wanted to eat. 

Arjun stopped a few feet away from a mango tree and looked at a fruit dangling from a branch, high above. Noticing that Arjun stopped, Bhhem and Karn too stopped and looked at him questioningly.

"What's wrong, Arjun? Why did you stop?" asked Karn.

"Jyesht! I want that mango!" said Arjun, still looking at the mango.

"Then get it, Arjun" said Karn.

"If I try to get it, Bhratha Bheem will do something to make sure that he gets the mango. He's been doing that since we came here! He wouldn't go against you, Jyesht! Please get me that mango!" requested Arjun.

Karn rolled his eyes at Arjun while Bheem looked at him angrily.

"Arjun, if you are incapable of getting your own food, then I cannot do anything! Stop trying to get Jyesht against me!" scolded Bheem.

Arjun looked at Karn with wide eyes and asked "Please Jyesht bhratha! Please get me that mango! You have always been giving off your laddoo to Bhratha Bheem and I have never once complained about it. Please Jyesht! I'm only asking you this mango. Please jyesht! Please please please!" begged Arjun like a child making Karn sigh in exasperation.

"Tum bhi na Arjun" grunted Karn, walking towards the said mango tree and started climbing it.

"Kabhi kabhi baccho ki tarah bartav karte ho" said Karn while climbing up the tree.

"Na jaaney aur kaise kaise kaary karva lete ho mujhse" he grunted, finally reaching the branch, standing up on a sturdy branch.

He narrowed his eyes at the delicious mango and said "This is all happening because of you" accusing the poor mango.

Just then, an arrow shot towards that mango and his divine kavach immediately appeared on his chest. Before that arrow can pierce through the stalk of the mango, Karn caught the arrow deftly.