CHAPTER - 34 : ANOTHER INCIDENT

Isha was running away from the cottage, to somewhere she wasn't really sure about. In fact, she wasn't even paying attention to where she was going to. Her mind was racing with a lot of thoughts and she was unable to process any of it. A white noise filled her ears and she was honestly very frightened, though she wasn't really sure what she was frightened about. She was honestly running like a blind woman, not even seeing where she was going, trying to run away from her thoughts, her head, from everything. In that process, she didn't even notice that she reached a small river cliff. 

Karn who was running behind her, was hot on her tail. His eyes widened when he saw Isha was nearing the river cliff. He was about to grab her arm, when her foot slipped suddenly and she fell down from the cliff while all he was able to catch was a bangle that slipped from her wrist. He stared in shock as she fell down the cliff into the river.

As soon as he recovered from the shock, he too jumped down the cliff to save her while Arjun, Dhrishtadyumn and Drupad who just reached there, stared in shock. Lord Krishna and Shankar looked at each other gravely while Gauri looked worried. The river has pulled Isha in its flow, drowning her while Karn was not that far behind her, though way more coordinated than her. He just hoped he wouldn't be too late. Karn swam with the flow of the river, towards her and soon found her. He was quick to grab her arm and pull her towards him. Wrapping an arm around her waist, he swam towards the shore and he was finally able to touch the floor on the shore, he lifted her, carrying her in his arms while she stared at him weakly.

"Rajkumari, aap hosh mein rahiye! Rajkumari, are you alright?" Karn kept asking while Isha just stared at him weakly. 

(Princess, please stay conscious!)

Her mind filled with thoughts or was it memories she wasn't sure. She couldn't even see properly as her vision started blurring out. Her head suddenly started filling up with visions of a man. A man who looked as radiant as the sun. Who looked regal with tawny eyes. Memories of the man doing various things filled her head. Meeting her, spending time with her and them doing various things together. Also their marriage? Isha's vision focused on Karn who was staring at her in worry and concern, which made her more confused.

"Swami..." she muttered weakly, looking at Karn, her vision focusing in and out of his face.

"What?" asked a confused Karn while walking towards the shore, "Rajkumar, do you need something?"

And then, Isha lost her consciousness, laying limp in his arms and her head below his shoulder, on his chest.

Just then, the rest of the royals came running towards them while Karn sat down on his knees, laying Isha down on the shore.

*****

It's been a few days since the incident happened. The royals have brought Isha back to the Palace in Kampilya. Isha was yet to wake up after fainting in Karn's arms. Everyone were worried for her while the rajvaidya and even Nakul and Sahdev told the families that Isha might wake up any second.

Draupadi was in Isha's chambers, sitting beside Isha who was still unconscious.

Caressing the younger woman's head, Draupadi said "Ab uth bhi jao, Isha. I don't like seeing you like this," her voice cracking in the end.

(Wake up now, Isha.)

Wiping her tears, Draupadi stood up and slowly made her way towards the door when she heard a deep sigh. She immediately whirled around and ran towards Isha who looks like she's struggling to open her eyes. Draupadi looked at her with wide eyes when Isha slowly opened her eyes and blinked until her eyes focused on Draupadi. She struggled to sit up and Draupadi immediately helped her sit up, leaning her against the headboard.