Prologue

[A/N: Hello! This story isn't edited! Please bear with me! LoveLots! Enjoy reading dattebayo!]

Fourth Great Ninja War - declared by none other than the legend, Uchiha Madara together with Uchiha Obito. 

Wonder how I knew? It's because I'm with the Allied Shinobi forces. I am Suzuki Hanare -  A ninja of the Leaf Village. I was there when the war happened. I was there when the Hyuga-boy died in front of the Uzumaki blond who happens to be the son of Lord Fourth - Minato. My Sensei. 

A lot of things happened. Unfortunately, Obito - he prematurely revived the 10 tails and made his own as its jinchuriki but the forces stopped him from making it far. Little did we know, Madara's a real sly fox. He has another hand which is the sly fox Black Zetsu. 

I was aware that Zetsu wasn't a human. He's a living chakra, like the other tailed beast. It's just he's weak but sly. If only I took my chances to dispose him while the others were facing Madara, a lot might still be alive. But unfortunately, I didn't.

I was once a member of ANBU and was proclaimed as one of the Special Jonin of the Leaf but I found out that... I'm a coward. 

Instead of killing Zetsu to slow Madara's pace... I went to Kakashi. 

To save him. 

That's how I died. I picked up myself to teleport in front of him so he could avoid Madara's black orbs that was about to pierce him. Madara's solid orbs went trough my chest, stomach and shoulder. It hurts but it made me feel relieved seeing how Kakashi's good and fine. He's alive. 

I could see him muttering something that time time but I couldn't hear him. I'm in no possession of Sharingan to read his mouth so I tapped his shoulders to ease him up. He's tensed and surprised because of my sudden suicide. 

I guess he's wondering why did I saved him? He and I wasn't in good terms. In fact, we're just civil. Just a comrade. But I developed a feelings... more than just a comrade. 

Yep, I was in love with Hatake Kakashi. 

In all honesty, I don't know why did I sacrificed myself just to save him. We're both War Veterans. We're always aware and prepared for the consequences of Wars. It's just... my body went on the move to save him. 

It's as if my body felt Kakashi's in danger so I went to do my-not-so heroic act. 

Funny, isn't it? 

I barely had gotten a chance to tell him that I loved him. I was late. I hope I can say that 'I'm proud of you, Kakashi' because I'm really proud of him. He lived for so long with grief, sadness and God knows what's next. 

Obito's death, Rin's death and Minato-sensei's death made him for almost a decade a cold bloody ninja.  I'm thankful with Kurenai, Asuma and Guy for relieving him from the ANBU, they've saved him when I couldn't. Because I have no rights to meddle. My love wasn't enough at that time to melt his cold heart. 

I'm also thankful for the Team 7, for bringing the light to him. 

I'm thankful for those who showed their love to him. 

All I could do was to hide in the shadow, silently watching him and assuring that he's fine and okay. All I wanted that time was him to be safe and happy. 

I don't need him to love me back because I know that he's in love with someone else. I'm aware that she was also named as 'Hanare'. 

But unlike me, I guess, she wasn't a coward. She wasn't afraid of pain and rejection. What a hero.