Chapter 16

"Suzuki Hanare, you are summoned by commander"

The next day after I returned from my S-class mission, our Jonin commander summoned me and I immediately went to the HQ since it is said to be important. As I walked down the alley of our Head Quarters, I couldn't help but to reminisce about the mission. I can't believe I just cried in front of Shisui and Itachi yesterday after I killed the baby. 

But... can they blame me? They know how much I hate killings but killing a toddler is a different kind of agony. 

"Shikaku-sama" I greeted when I reached the Jonin's hall. I saw Shisui, Itachi, Genma and even Aoba in Shikaku's office so I wonder what's up? I then sensed Kurenai, Asuma and Kakashi's chakra signature entering the hall. 

Kakashi immediately walked towards me to give the top of my head a kiss before turning his gaze on Shikaku who's busy on looking for God knows what. Kurenai stayed beside me and asked about the details but I just told them that I am also clueless like them. 

"Ah! I found it..." Shikaku brought out a file and then hand it to me. "Check that Hanare." He said, "Now, I summoned you all because of the upcoming Chunnin exams. And our village's the host." He lazily said before leaning his back on the wall. 

My breathe got unstable for a second after hearing the Chunnin exam. I wasn't expecting this situation to move faster. Team seven just accomplished their battle against Zabuza and now Chunnin exam? Where Lord Third is going to die. 

I put a lid on myself to prevent Kakashi to notice my difficulty. I don't want to make him worry anymore since there's a lot of things he should worry about. He should stop worrying about me because I can handle myself well. It's not that I'm ungrateful it's just I want him to be at ease and isn't troubled like me. 

"When will the Chunnin exam be held?" I asked. 

"September." Shikaku lazily answered and I nodded. 

So the kids still have 4 months to prepare as well as I am. It's not that I'm saving the Lord Third's ass, I need him to use the Reaper Death Seal to seal the previous Lords as well as Orochimaru's hands. So he's going to die. 

In this world full of hatred, there will always be a sacrifice and that sacrifice will become the stepping stone for the future and who know's what will happen next? Itachi isn't in Akatsuki anymore so I wonder who'd replace him as Kisame's partner. 

"So, what am I gonna do with this file?" I raised my eyebrow on Shikaku's lazy grunt. I understand that this file is about the village's defense, so? "You are not expecting me..." He cut me off.

"Yes, I am" 

It's not that I can do something against my commander's command, right? 

"My, I don't care anymore. Let me see what I can do." While the other's are clueless about our conversation, Kakashi just stayed beside me and didn't ask about the file that Shikaku just handed.

The next day at 3 AM, I woke up to prepare our breakfast since our team has a mission later. They need to accomplish their D-rank missions to qualify in Chunnin exams. Well it's up to Kakashi but I know they will manage. 

I cooked bacon and egg for our breakfast as well as his favorite brewed coffee. After that, I walked towards the bathroom to take a cold shower.

"Kakashi." I gently called him after I took a shower. I went outside the bathroom, fully ninja clothed so I decided to wake him up now. "Wake up babe." He just growled on me before he decide to covered his ears using my pillow. 

I laughed in the eyesight. I sat down the edge of the bed to shake him until he finally snap out of his dream and wake up. 

"Babe... I want to sleep more." He grunted so I stood up to fold our blanket and put it away to him. "Hmmmm..."