10: top of the social chain

This was life before I left, spending time with Sarah and laughing at the most obscene things. 

Boarding school made me grow up before I would have liked, and my childhood taught me nothing but to be independent and self-sufficient due to my borderline neglect.

"Oh, I love that bikini" I complimented Sarah seeing her step into her bedroom wearing a pink and navy striped bikini. I sat on the edge of her bed playing with the strings of my own triangle bikini.

"Thanks, Girl" she winked grabbing my hand and pulling me up onto my feet. I was wearing a simple white tie-up bikini that showed off my tan lines.  

"God it's a scorcher today," I said fanning my face with my hand as we walked downstairs towards Sarah's large pool, I was already sweating at the heat just flowing through the house.

"I know" Sarah complained wiping sweat from her forehead. 

"I missed it" I shrugged unbuttoning my shorts leaving me in just a bikini. I didn't wait for Sarah as I dove straight into the refreshingly cold water. She followed me straight after and we swam around splashing in the water. 

After our skin had well and truly pruned we made our way onto the sun lounges and soaked up the sun. Sarah said something about cocktails so I sat up and rubbed tanning oil all over my body. 

"You are the best!!" I exclaimed when Sarah walked outside holding two fancy pink cocktails paired with slices of fruits on the rims.

"I know" She grinned passing me the drink. I kindly accepted and brought the straw to my lips. 

My eyes widened at the taste, "God, what did you put in here?" I laughed at the gross taste. Sarah turned her head on the lounge to look over at me with a guilty look.

"Anything I could find in Rose's alcohol collection," She answered making me laugh.

I tipped the sunglasses down from my head to cover my eyes and I laid down feeling the sun on my skin.

"I've seen you drink worse anyways" Sarah laughed "I swear some of the vodkas you drink tastes like paint cleaner"

"It tastes disgusting but gets the job done" I chuckled.

"Oh that reminds me there's a party tonight," Sarah said excitedly sitting up in her chair.

"Who's hosting?"

"No idea but everyone's going"

"Good thing I'm already drinking" I wiggled my eyebrows up and down making her grin. "How're things going with Topper?" I turned my head to ask her, and a smile quickly rose to her lips.

"I really like him Wills I think I might even be ready to go all the way"

"Sarah that's such a big deal, I'm happy for you," I said smiling brightly at my best friend whose cheeks were flushed red.

"Sh, Sh Shut up" Sarah grabbed my arm as I pulled my sunglasses to the top of my head and followed her gaze. 

Kelce, Topper, and Rafe were walking toward us holding beers and seeming to be talking about something serious.

"I-I'm gonna get him back, all right? I'm making it a little project of mine" I heard Topper announce as they walked closer to our chairs. 

I looked up glancing between the three of them, I felt Rafe's heated gaze on my body wearing nothing but a bikini.

"Hey, Guys" Sarah greeted them with a smile as I stayed silent.

"Excited for tonight?" Topper asked both of us. My eyes flickered to Rafe seeing him lift his sunglasses up and push his hair back.